A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprite: Alien / Demon / Robot / Grue / Whatever

Mark the Echidna

Well, I suddenly started spriting some sort of extraterrestrial enemy character from scratch in MS Paint... After some time, this is what I got:

demon-1.png

The single/yellow/inexpressive eye idea came to me quickly, for some reason. The rest was decided by trying at random. I have to say I'm quite happy with the results...

I plan on using it on some sort of game... Thought I'm not sure.

Opinions?

• Like 2

Those light pixels on the darkest part of his horns have to go, they just seem to distract from the whole piece.

Otherwise, those shades of dark cyan that I think I spot on him seem to work a bit badly in the function of making those segments darker.. Also, you need an additional shade between the almost black and the purple shades, that's some heavy contrast right there.

Those light pixels on the darkest part of his horns have to go, they just seem to distract from the whole piece.

Otherwise, those shades of dark cyan that I think I spot on him seem to work a bit badly in the function of making those segments darker.. Also, you need an additional shade between the almost black and the purple shades, that's some heavy contrast right there.

Can't you see they are supposed to be tooth-like things? I personally thought it was an interesting detail, although I do agree the 4 light pixels closest to the base of the dark part of the horn look out of place.