A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

NCFC - Nintendo Community Fangame Convention

Huepow00

Honestly, thanks for the criticism. I've reworked the booths page to have thumbnails and categorization. Hopefully this is an improvement.

As far as being a ripoff of SAGE, I can't say it wasn't inspired by it. There's been attempts to get other "expos" going before, but they all kind of fell flat. I decided to get involved in SAGE 07 so I could use it as a blueprint for what to do and what not to do. I think we've done pretty well so far for a first-time event with an inexperienced staff.

I found a glitch in Shadowgazer II...

If you stand between the 2 characters at the opening to the first village and a chicken... Then ROLL towards the chicken. (back towards the 2 characters).

You will hit the chicken, bounce backwards, behind the 2 characters, be stuck a bit... ROLL again, bounce backwards into walkable area... and then be outside the village prematurely.

Now that I checked more of it, there is plenty of High quality stuff, there.

This expo is a great example for us to follow.

I was thinking, maybe on the next year we could gather both events.

You mean Nintendo and Sonic? Not for SAGE, that's strictly Sonic (With one Nights slipping by).

I think an affiliation with the forums AND the Expos would be a kickass idea, I think we can both benefit off each other.

Also agreed, this Expo has some awesome potential. The metroid games are great, ESPECIALLY Metroid Prime 2D.

True, but the main focus should always be Sonic, and having too many other fangames strongly distracts from that.

I doubt it, we only take Sonic submission materials on the main site, and we have Sonic related contests. I think we'll still keep our image even with a fusion or affiliation.

Now that I checked more of it, there is plenty of High quality stuff, there.

This expo is a great example for us to follow.

I was thinking, maybe on the next year we could gather both events.

A great example for us to follow? I believe the director said that he was inspired by our example:

As far as being a ripoff of SAGE, I can't say it wasn't inspired by it.

After having looked at NCFC in full, every single facet of this expo can be found in SAGE 07s lineup. Internet radio, chats, contests, events, even an interview with a VOICE ACTOR - Charles Martinet. (even though that fell through). We have nothing to learn from this show, as it is completely identical to ours.

You know that there is a MAJOR difference in these shows, right? When you hold a "Nintendo" fangame expo, you have a wider range of projects, as Nintendo has multiple franchises.

When an expo is called the "Sonic Amateur Games Expo," about 95% of the games will be Sonic.

Merging SAGE with other shows has been brought up in the past a couple of times and it always falls through. I don't know why we have to be all progressive and merge with people, because SAGE 07 was fuckin' kickass and had more visitors that it has had in years. This community also saw 100 more members over the course of the week. SAGE is the main draw to this community and no longer making it unique to us takes attention away.

No offense to the show's director, but I had to address Marks comments in full. NCFC is a fantastic show in its own right, as it covers all the bases that an online expo should AND delivers with fantastic projects.