A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Good 3d modeling program?

Ayling

Hmm Windows ME is a really bad choice. It won't run 3dsmax.

Sorry. I get the old hand-me-downs. I'm looking to get this xp when(and if) my parents upgrade. They're always like "don't download stuff" because the computer crashed this summer, and of course it was MY fault. I'll google them.

If you are looking for a free solution, I recommend Blender 3D. It does take a little while to figure out how to use it, but the results are amazing. There are all kinds of Blender tutorials on the 'net that are very helpful. I have also heard about a 3DS interface add-on that helps improve navigation. I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but it is available here.

Another benefit of Blender is that it has a game/physics engine built into it. (And tutorials are available for it too.)

Hope that this is a help.

• 3 weeks later...
My freind uses (3d Max studio) it's suposed to be cool aparently.

Okay. You can buy me a laptop or PC so I can use it.

3DS MAX is not ME-Compatible. READ!

Edit- Where the hell did you come from? Thought you got banned around when I joined...

God you're an idiot.

Roms/Warez:

Any discussion of the locations of where to find rom downloads or warez downloads/serial numbers are forbidden. Period. You can discuss them, but cannot ask where they are nor post them. However Freeware roms ARE allowed. Warning points/ban (temp or permanent) will be issued accordingly and at the staff's discretion.

Seeing as you just got over your last temp ban, I would just issue a couple warning points, but I realize I don't have the power to do so. I can temp ban you though (does that make sense?), so I'll settle for that. See you in 2 days!

Yeah, only 2 days. I'm nice. Go back and read the rules again.

Yeah, this guy was told about the warez situation before IIRC, evidently he doesn't care much for the rules or what staff says.

I'd just perma-ban him, or just set his ban date to like a year or something, this is like, his 4th Temp ban, and he just got off his last one.

Anyways On-topic:

http://www.anim8or.com/

It's anim8or, a pretty easy 3D modeling program, it can open other files like 3ds. (Excluding max).

It's ok. I'll try to make a decent 2D game first.

I heard you can open an8 files in GM & make 3D in it. Anyone confirm this? I'll buy the full version if it's true.

EDIT- Smidge, that makes games? Didn't see it skimming through.

EDIT 2- I see it now. BTW-

Even a beginner of 3DCG will be able to manage it one day

Japanese people. Tch.