A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Needing the instrumental versions of songs

True Blue

Does anybody know how can I get the songs from Sonic games, but without voices? Only the instrumental version.

For example, "His World", "All Hail Shadow" (S06), "Dreams Of An Absolution", "Open Your Heart", "Live and Learn" and maybe others.

I can't find them, and I don't know if they even exist.

I'll appreciate your help.

Let me just say that I'm sorry if I've been too pushy with my questions. It's just that the fact that wanting to make something cool and not knowing how, may be quite frustrating. Please, don't put a label on me, and see me as an apprentice. I'll be improving.

Do you know if I can find the instrumental versions of certain songs? I've looked for them in Google, but they only take me to lyrics. I'm specially interested in the ones from Sonic Next-Gen. The ones from the SA series, I think I can find.

But answer as you can, just like you've been doing in other topics, not mine.

And I assure you that I'm working on this game. I'm even creating sprites at the moment. It's what I'm better at. The programming is the hard part. That's why I need help.

PS: Sorry for double-posting.

http://www.thesonicworld.net/music_mp3.php

Try here. No, I haven't looked for your requested songs, but they might be here.

Nothing here...

Have you tried a software vocal remover? I am not sure of which one(s) work the best, but it may be worth looking around.

Software Vocal Remover? I didn't even know there were such thing.

Thanks. I'll look around.

The plugin is for Winamp. It's free a media player that has an extensive library of plugins.

What you would do is install Winamp and the vocal remover plugin, and then use the Winamp DiskWriter plugin to dump the output of the vocal remover to wave. Then you can convert it to whatever format you want.

I am just throwing out suggestions, but I would recommend that you try both methods that I have mentioned and compare the results. One may sound better than the other.

The plugin is for Winamp. It's free a media player that has an extensive library of plugins.

What you would do is install Winamp and the vocal remover plugin, and then use the Winamp DiskWriter plugin to dump the output of the vocal remover to wave. Then you can convert it to whatever format you want.

I am just throwing out suggestions, but I would recommend that you try both methods that I have mentioned and compare the results. One may sound better than the other.

OK, thanks for helping. :ssmile:

And, by your nickname, I agree with you. Classic Sonic is really the best.

Btw i have a track with instruamental music, i just uploaded it to a sonic music forum. Hang on....

http://sonicstyle.org/music/

and the one i submited....

http://sonicstyle.org/music/sonicthehedgehog/music/sonic0106.mp3

Sorry, I can't find anything. There's too many of them, I can't find the right one. And besides, I don't want to use stuff that needs to be deleted within 24 hours. I better do them myself. But thanks anyway.

If anyone here knows what's the best program to edit audio files (the one that works better), please tell. Tell me which of the ones ClassicSonicRules linked me to is better, if you know.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone here knows what's the best program to edit audio files (the one that works better), please tell. Tell me which of the ones ClassicSonicRules linked me to is better, if you know.

That is up to you to decide. Both solutions are free, so I would recommend that you just download them both and give a listen for yourself. That way you don't have to take someone else's opinion.

Audacity is the best one aparently and i can edit them for you? Pm me the files you want editing and i'll try to do them for you.

Is it?

I'll first see if I can edit them myself. If I can't I'll ask you. OK? Thanks for your help.

That is up to you to decide. Both solutions are free, so I would recommend that you just download them both and give a listen for yourself. That way you don't have to take someone else's opinion.

I guess I'll try them all, then. Thanks for your answers.

I have some rare instrumental versions of His World and Dreams of an Absolution on me. They were found buried within the 2k6 disc, you can't get to them normally through the game or the soundtrack. Here they are.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKIA00K8

Dreams of an Absolution has a "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" on the mix. And His World is a prototype version, which I already know. It's not the actual instrumental version.

Has a "zzzzz" one the mix? What are you talking about? A hissing sound (Which there is none, I just listened to it again. If so, maybe it was corrupted while uploading) or are you calling it boring?

And no, it isn't a mix. It's a prototype, actually.

Has a "zzzzz" one the mix? What are you talking about? A hissing sound (Which there is none, I just listened to it again. If so, maybe it was corrupted while uploading) or are you calling it boring?

And no, it isn't a mix. It's a prototype, actually.

Yes, it's a prototype.

What I mean with the "zzzzz" I mean we hear that in the beginning. On the mix is "alltogether".

• 4 weeks later...