A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Minigame Contest Round 2

ila

(insert fancy logo here) :awink:

Thats right people, it is time for yet another Minigame contest. Due to the fact that I'm a control freak who can't sprite, I'll be hosting the contest again, rather than passing it on to the winner of the last one.

Old rules apply, but also this contest will have a theme! Since Halloween is coming up, the theme will be Parody! So make a minigame that parodies a movie, television show, sports teams from Nebraska, something about Holy rings 3, anime, or some other pop culture non Sonic reference thing. No Contra though (I still lova ya TRD <3)

SFGHQ Mini-Game contest ROUND 2

Rules

1. Contestants are to submit one single player Sonic the Hedgehog themed "Mini-game" for this contest. Sonic the Hedgehog themed does not necessarily mean Sonic has to be present. Go ahead and make an Amy mini-game if you desire. You may use any means to make your game aside from Rom Hacks or Mugen. Just make sure I don't have to buy anything to play it.

2. A minigame is defined by a short video game contained within another game. The minigame is always smaller or more simplistic than the game in which it is contained. In other words, a small simple game. Examples include Tetris, games you might find in WarioWare or Mario Party, or something you'd find on Yahoo.com

3. Entries are due at October 28, 2007 at 12 noon CENTRAL time. Judging will take place the following week. Judges will be 2-5 non-entrants from SFGHQ, and possibly Moogle Cavern and SCD if an equal distrubution is needed. Results will be announced by October 31, 2007.

4. Entires will be rated 1-5 on the following categories: Theme, Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, and Overall quality. They key to this contest is to create a game simple enough to be defined as a "mini-game" but also to make it worth playing.

5. There is no entry fee.

6. Winner will receive one Amazon.com Electronic Gift Certificate for the amount of whatever I can afford at the time. Probably somewhere between 10 to 30 USD. (I need to save for certain purchases, plus living expense, plus that PSP Haruhi game... ) Costs above the value of the prize (including taxes and shipping) are the responsability of the winner.

7. Please see below for how to submit your entry.

8. If you don't follow the theme, you will be DQed.

Disclaimers

1. Must be 18 or older or have parent's permission to be eligible for the prize. Participants under the age of 18 must state that they have the permission of a parent or legal guardian. Not like I actually care to be honest.

2. ila can not be responsible for reductions caused by US inflation and foreign exchange rates.

3. Due to the success of other contests, judges will be members of SFGHQ/Moogle Cavern/SCD this time around. Of course those Judges will be selected after entries are put in.

4. If less than 5 people sign up, this contest will be cancelled.

5. This contest will also be open to Moogle Cavern and SCD.

To submit an entry you have the following options:

1) You can e-mail your entry to ilascott AT gmail DOT com. However since gmail refuses to accecpt .exes you will have to send the file in a raw format, such as .cca or .gm6.

2) You can request a time to do a file transfer via AIM. Please PM for this.

3) You can send me a link to an exe hosted on your own filespace or some file sharing service.

4) If you want you may also post your entry in this thread! However it will NOT COUNT AS AN OFFICIAL ENTRY unless you actually get it to me somehow. Yeah i'm a lazy bum who wants things to be easy.

Closed to those who are solely SCD members due to the fact that any post I make there will probably disappear into oblivion.

Let me guess, you tried to promote the Minigame contest over there, and they shot you down right?

Also, it would be nice if I could get a headcount of anyone actually working on an entry.

I'm still in this, I'll give you a hint on what theme I'm working on:

Real%20Indiana%20Jones.jpg

I'll probably have my entry done in the middle of october or towards the end. (Phantom Hourglass is phun. =3)

Well, double post but with a good reason: I mostly finished the minigame. Just any possible update before the time limit but actually this is going to be what i made.

And some will think: "Where the fuck sonic is?" I don't know. Except for pics and some sprites, the only "sonic related thing" could be that it is a special stage like level. So, no sonic gameplay, just a minigame.

BTW, maybe people have problems playing it since it is already without instructions, and probably only people who has seen one of the parodies of this minigame will be able to play it freely. Other ones just will have to learn. What parody it is? Just see by yourself. The second parody part is just... part of the parody above, something like needed.

Just get ready your mouse, and try hard, because it is kinda hard :P

I hosted it on megaupload. If someone can upload it anywhere else, please, do it since i was not sure if i can attach a 5mb file on forums.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=OVV7E4WE

enjoy. and PUT YOUR SPEAKERS HIGH!!!

Alright, I'm done:

Indiana Nack: Plane Escape. Starring Nack the Weasel. (We barely see this guy anymore. =<)

I'm parodying (Obviously) Indiana Jones in that plane escape scene with alittle Sonic twist.

Download:

Indiana Nack: Plane Escape

Known Bugs:

*The collision is alittle off, but not too much to ruin the game, I'm sure.

*It slows down alittle towards the end, but it shouldn't completely rape itself for you to not complete the game.

Hope you enjoy.