A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help with moving platforms plz?

using; sonic worlds beta engine (first) for mmf2

yeea how do i make U-like movement with moving platforms??

another question.. how do i make platforms like that where sonic stays on platform while it moves like on those moving platforms? :squestion:

oh and plz dont say i posted this into wrong place.. when i last time posted and asked for help with sonic worlds engine i was told to ask/post here.

also, sry typonessnity, eng is not mah main language.

EDIT:

Another question; how do i move gui objects like life icon into other place? I mean, they are kinda locked or somthing but i dont seem to able to unlock em?

English may not be your main language, but you still must capitalize the first letter of every sentence and type words out fully (for example, say please instead of plz.) We're very strict about this, and it wouldn't require any new knowledge for you to learn about our language. You seem to have a good hold of it.

Just a warning.

(and sorry, I can't help)

I'm afraid that if you want to make a platform that moves in a U shape, it wouldn't be a simple matter of changing some of the platform values. I don't think it would be too hard if you used a timer or something like that to determine when the platform should make a turn, but I don't think I'm in any position to give an example on how to do it as I never tried something like that. =/

Ok, here's a simple fix.

Make the platform's movement path based and make a U.

Change the object's qualifier to 1.

1 is for platforms. Enjoy.

Press ctrl+K and click the lock on the layer that says "GUI" to unlock the layer.

Also, you guys need to stop being assholes. Atleast this person's post is legible.

Ok got that done but sonic still seems to "slip" away when platform moves.

Thats because you aren't resetting the position based on the position of the platform.

Given that you aren't using some retarded pathed movement or something...

1. store the x and y position of the platform.

2. move the platform based on some mathematical formula in harmonic motion

3. store the new x and y positions of the platform and subtract the old ones from those.

4. Add those values to Sonic's X and Y positions. (Float X and Float Y, two alterable values).

5. In order to make it smooth, you'll need to update the position afterwards. We have a loop somewhere called something along the lines of "update sensors". Figure out its name and apply it at the end of everything.

That should cut it. I hope you have at least some grasp of displacement concepts like this...

• Like 1

Thats because you aren't resetting the position based on the position of the platform.

Given that you aren't using some retarded pathed movement or something...

1. store the x and y position of the platform.

2. move the platform based on some mathematical formula in harmonic motion

3. store the new x and y positions of the platform and subtract the old ones from those.

4. Add those values to Sonic's X and Y positions. (Float X and Float Y, two alterable values).

5. In order to make it smooth, you'll need to update the position afterwards. We have a loop somewhere called something along the lines of "update sensors". Figure out its name and apply it at the end of everything.

That should cut it. I hope you have at least some grasp of displacement concepts like this...

Omg that rly helped! I think that loop thingy is called "Player01AllSensors"?

Rep+ too... finally got that thing right way.