A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Oh yeah, there's also Sonic Rush Adventure

Blyde

seems they've changed the art style of the backgrounds.

Different team working on it this time, though few of the people behind the original are on board for this one too.

One of the games I'll be looking forward to playing, though I really don't think the music itself is Naganuma himself, its good enough to be played through a level though.

RECENT I mean :x

Midi, the first link Blyde posted has the recent trailer SEGA showed at GC, its got a fiar amount of bits on the stages Sonic plays (snowboarding, mine carting) shows a few of the bosses and the boat stages (which look sorta of fun)

Though here's a slightly better quality one, also Sonic Rivals 2 trailer is on the side bar, if anyones interested in seeing that one.

Guest Shadix

Those damn jackers... I swear SEGA is wiretapping DW and I's conversations... That or DW is secretly a mole who probes the fan community for ideas to half-assedly implement into their games. >.>

Anyways, this game is going to be as badass as Rush or better as far as I can see. I'm still uncomfortable with the themed cliches they're putting on Sonic Games now, what with SatSR having an arabian theme and now this having a pirate theme, but it doesn't look like it does much on the gameplay.

Edit: Actually... What happened to Blaze and the other characters that are supposed to be in this game?

I want SEGA to actually take advantage of the DS's better graphics. I mean, a few little touches are nice, but if there's no point to Sonic being 3D, then don't make him 3D. It doesn't even look all that great, and it doesn't really mesh with the backgrounds (which look great.)

I at least PRAY they actually give enemies more animation frames. Sure, they're just enemies, but NSMB at least prerendered enemies that couldn't be rendered in 3D. it didn't even look like they TRIED in Rush. They really need to take this new power and be creative with it.

Rush was too easy, though. The burst boost thinger eliminated almost all threats (aside from spikes and pits) and it was just too easy to fill the adrenaline meter.

I like that the level layout is more "real" this time, Rush was nice but repeated the same 2 gimmicks every zone, and the locales felt too artificial. Looks like they kept the old composer, which is also a plus. But what I really look foward to is the scope of it all: "Adventure" wasn't just slapped on the title for no reason (and if it was, blood will flood the streets)

All that said, I anticipate playing this game.

Good god, the story is worse than a fan fiction...why do they keep making new good guy characters when they can't even provide any good backstory on existing new characters...WTF. With marine around, furries everywhere will probably splurge their collective pants.

Other than that, I loved rush so I'll probably love the gameplay and music of this game...completely ignoring any and all shitty story the game has to offer.

EDIT: ALSO Captain Whisker is actually a fucking badass...

i have no idea why people complain about storylines in games where the storyline isnt really important...not just sonic but for anything. Just play the game!

that said, this game is bland compared to Rush. it looks like even MORE of a departure from Sonic Advance, and Sonic Rush was already pushing it. Oh well.

On a side note, im still up because i dont have an alarm clock. That doesnt make sense right?

i have no idea why people complain about storylines in games where the storyline isnt really important...not just sonic but for anything. Just play the game!

that said, this game is bland compared to Rush. it looks like even MORE of a departure from Sonic Advance, and Sonic Rush was already pushing it. Oh well.

On a side note, im still up because i dont have an alarm clock. That doesnt make sense right?

I'd like my games to have some flavor storywise...even sonic 1, 2, and 3 had a storyline.. very very little of it, and told through in game events but it was still awesome. These are just going beyond fanfic though

Aerosol: What's wrong with a departure from Advance?

And am I'm surprised no one's complained about "Marine: the lovable Racoon." I wanted to stab babies when I read that.

Edit: Ugh.. still don't understand why they can't have both this kind of music and the traditional stuff in the same game. Variety would, in my opinion, be sexy.

And am I'm surprised no one's complained about "Marine: the lovable Racoon." I wanted to stab babies when I read that.

Oh trust me..I wanted to do just that, then I saw Captain Whiskers and that melted away. Though I am now convinced that they go to fanfiction.com find the most horrible story (SONICZ VACATION!) and use that.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose while I'm at it...review scores for Sonic Rush Adventure.

EGM reviewed Sonic Rush Adventure and gave it a 7,7 and a 7.5.

- Snap of the review

Official Nintendo Magazine UK reviewed it and gave it 92%, 2% more then Sonic Rush.

A consummate Sonic experience, reminding us exactly why the blue blur was great in the first place - plus, it's got tons of replay value tucked inside.

GamesMaster (another UK mag) reviewed it and gave it 88%, 3% more then Sonic Rush.

A reminder why Sonic has lasted 16 years. Fast, frantic and, most importantly, fun.

Few other tad bits.

- The developer for this game is, in fact, Dimps, despite many people thinking otherwise.

- Naganuma is not involved in the soundtrack for Sonic Rush Adventure, but other SEGA composers are, Teruhiko Nakagawa is listed as the Sound Director, Tomoya Ohtani, Seirou Okamoto, and Mariko Nanba (Famous for his work on the Panzer Dragoon Saga soundtrack) are all music composers.