A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Old screenshot thread.

Asuma

GD; lets make children. xD

Smexy, seriously. *prods at small flaw* the rings in the last pic, why not snyc'd? =( and the far mountains; it might just be due to the dark background, but it looks like the mountains have lighter pixel spots around them, just seems odd :omg:

I still love it though, very nice. I dunno why, but that sonic sprite fits in there perfectly; love the icon too. gj.

You have to admit though, Rael did an awesome job with the background creation. Really sets the theme. I don't think I ever said this, but when I first found the demo of the game, I hoped to god that it would be continued. When I found out the team was still active, I tried to help them out as much as I could. I'm really impressed with the overall originality and it really inspired some ideas for my future fangame creation. If you guys cancel that game, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

Anyways like I said, great job Rael and Gamerdude and I also believe credit goes over to Blyde for the Sonic sprite ( and icon too? ).

It looks like there are some lighter pixels on the sides of the mountains because there are! I'll darken them. I also need to make decorations for the foreground. The background set isn't finished yet.

And yeah, Blyde made the sexy sprites.

Smexy, seriously. *prods at small flaw* the rings in the last pic, why not snyc'd? =(

Because for the life of me, I can't figure out how the hell to make them sync up :). Most likely because I have them deactivate whenever they leave the screen to conserve system resources. So once they get onto the screen, they start to animate, and as you can see, it's done unevenly. I can turn them back on off screen, but I'll have to see what kind of performance hit I get.

My game isnt effected at all by having them active offscreen o.O Wonder how your's would be effected. And if you are you mmf2, your preformance level is higher, it shouldnt kick much dirt around if you active them. :omg:

You could add to the rings' alterable value every x seconds and when the value equals 4 set it back to zero,

then have an event that sets all rings' animation frame the the alterable value.

I guess that's a good way to explain it.

And I believe what Diablo said is the easiest way. I actually do that sometimes too.

I love how Rael takes advantage of that 10char limit. XD

xhedgehogx: TGF and MMF: different. Since when would TGF be able to handle something from MMF? or MMF2? O_o

I love how Rael takes advantage of that 10char limit. XD

xhedgehogx: TGF and MMF: different. Since when would TGF be able to handle something from MMF? or MMF2? O_o

...TGF2 is essentially MMF2 with stuff missing, I believe. It can open MMF1.5 files. (though not extensions)