A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Welcome All..

Koray

Oh quick reply how do I love thee.

I like the skin as is. Nice, white, simple.

Sigs should be disabled too :V

sigs should be allowed, but there should be a limit to just text, or a limit of one image within given dimensions.

I dont know how those could be implemented though, just an idea.

sigs should be allowed, but there should be a limit to just text, or a limit of one image within given dimensions.

I dont know how those could be implemented though, just an idea.

I'm pretty sure if limits were set, the moderators would be able to catch violations easily and fix it.

I like this warning thing before posting. Also, you should make a pop-up for guests. Like a rules thing pops up. I've seen on some forums.

If you're a newbie, when you make a new topic, the forum has you confirm if it's in the right forum. Hey, that's a start.

Really good. :D I would only suggest some stuff:

• SFGHQ Night as the defauld skin, while the custom one isn't ready.
  • Avatars and signature images allowed. I think that instead of blocking the signature images, there should be a user setting to disable them. I don't care with huge sigs (Ok... only if they are REALLY huge), but it's fair to give who cares the option to disable them. Anyway, if they are enourmous, users with sigs on can adblock them.
  • The reply box is not skinned (I don't know if this can be fixed easily.)
  • The valid file extensions should include RAR, GMD, GM6, CCA and GAM. And could include WAV, MID(I), OGG and MP3(Not sure about this last one... if it would encourage piracy or something.) Maybe not filetype restrictions at all.
  • Better/More emoticons. If you guys want, i can work on some custom ones right now.

BTW, thanks again for who donated.

I really like the SFGHQ night skin, very smooth =P

Forum overall looks very nice, i think this can be more enjoyable than the proboards version, more customizability and whatnot. =p

I have a to do list. Thank you for giving me suggestions because there are obviously some overlooked things.

I'd just like you all to note that I set this entire thing up in a span of one hour before work this morning. I was almost 15 minutes late to work because of it. So everthing was a rush job.

Todo list:

Move donaters to lightspeed group (if you haven't yet been moved, PM me. And enjoy the features :])

Fix default skin

Change to classic postbits (Note: can I get a running vote on how many people like this style of postbit better. IE: Now names and avatars on on the left rather than on top.)

Fix Extension Lists

Finish store/bank mods and a few other nifty things.

Can you please confirm/deny that users can post in ALL forums? It seems you have conflicting results.

Edit: And for the record, I haven't decided if I want to use ads or not. I don't need it for bills but we have ideas for cash prizes so...