A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nemegraphe - v 1.0 !

Xtreme

Hello,

It's my second release on SFGHQ ( cf. Naturyon ). I've just finished another reflection game called Nemegraphe. You'll certainly recognize the concept. It's a beta version so I'm sure there are some bugs to find out. There's also an editor where you can make your own pictures. I hope that all the forum's members will create a special Sonic category in order to submit a pack for SAGE 2007. To send me a picture, use the Connect button in the edition mode.

Here's the link:

http://futuroueb.free.fr/files/nemegraphe.zip

Click on the english flag if you speak english, huh ;)

If there're english mistakes, tell me.

Please read carefully the Readme which accompanies the game for more informations.

Comments, questions, suggestions are welcomed :)

• Like 1

I wanted to make this game simple, according to the original concept. In the readme file, I said that few graphics will be changed, but it won't be a major update. It's still a beta version ^^

I appreciate your help, rogueyoshi. As all the persons who helped me, you'll have a place in the credits :)

PM me the variables which need to be changed.

Thank you very much. There will be an update soon, so you'll be able to betatest the updater in the online mode.

great. when do you think maniac mode will be added? id like to have something to do after i finish all these puzzles.

this game is so addicting.

Don't worry, I'm making some packs that you will be able to download with the online mode. The next pack will contain a lot of puzzles :)

About the maniac mode, it's not a priority. I'm planning the VS Online Battle.

It would be great if I could make a special Sonic Pack for SAGE 2007, but I need the members' help ( I've made few Sonic Pictures )

Xtreme, you should consider stop releasing freeware versions and release it as a shareware indie game. It's so addictive and has potential for the market :o

I don't know if the game has a commercial potential but I want to make a community around this game and I militate for freewares :)

BTW, thanks for all the comments :)

I really enjoyed this game. It took me a bit to figure out even with the tutorial, but after I knew what to do, it got very addicting.

The only glitch I've found was that in the Edition mode, some squares wouldn't let me fill them in. After I clicked Clear, it went back to normal, and I can't seem to recreate the glitch after that. It might just be MMF acting up.

Btw, are all the puzzles in Tutorial supposed to be completable without guessing? I couldn't seem to get passed one of the pictures up to a certain point.

attachment.php?attachmentid=351&stc=1&d=1184251293

This is the Finger pic. I can get only up to that point and then I get stuck. Maybe you should make it so you can view the tutorial again so I can pay more attention this time. =)

I really enjoyed this game. It took me a bit to figure out even with the tutorial, but after I knew what to do, it got very addicting.

The only glitch I've found was that in the Edition mode, some squares wouldn't let me fill them in. After I clicked Clear, it went back to normal, and I can't seem to recreate the glitch after that. It might just be MMF acting up.

Btw, are all the puzzles in Tutorial supposed to be completable without guessing? I couldn't seem to get passed one of the pictures up to a certain point.

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=351&stc=1&d=1184251293[/qimg]

This is the Finger pic. I can get only up to that point and then I get stuck. Maybe you should make it so you can view the tutorial again so I can pay more attention this time. =)

every puzzle is completable without guessing, even user puzzles.

You can view the tutorial again if you press T at title screen. All the puzzles in the tutorial category are in Strict mode, that means they are completable without guessing. In the future, I will add puzzles in Free Mode: they will be more difficult.

Viewing the tutorial again helped. I guess I missed the part where it mentioned pressing T. =P

In the future, will you be able to share a pack rather than just an individual picture? I'm making a pack right now by editting a few files with notepad.

every puzzle is completable without guessing, even user puzzles.

I believe that is incorrect. As a counter-example, I bring up the following puzzle:

nemegraph.png

There are multiple possible solutions with the given row/column indications, therefore it is impossible to complete without guessing.

Anyway, neat game but it runs extremely slow on my computer every other time I open it for some reason.

I believe that is incorrect. As a counter-example, I bring up the following puzzle:

[qimg]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/kainsirusque/nemegraph.png[/qimg]

There are multiple possible solutions with the given row/column indications, therefore it is impossible to complete without guessing.

Anyway, neat game but it runs extremely slow on my computer every other time I open it for some reason.

thats a hella good counterexample :Sweat:

@Aero: There's an editor mode, you know. That's where the "even user puzzles" comes in. I created the puzzle, tried it, and (sure enough), it called me wrong whenever my guesses were completely valid.

Edit:

@rogueyoshi: I'm wondering if less trivial counterexamples can be formed, but that's a bit more work than I want to go through.

Edit 2:

Because I was bored, I wanted to do puzzle 15 without leaving room for error or guessing. And so, here's the logical progression of puzzle 15

-C# refers to the Column number we're looking at. Starting with 1 as the leftmost and ending with 10.

-R# is the Row # starting with the top.

-#,# or #-#,#, etc, it's referring to a tile or tiles using the first number(s) as the column and the second number(s) as the Row):

- At the end of each step, I state which points are filled and Xed using [F: (#,#) X: (#,#)] etc.

Step 1: C9: All possible positions for have 2 in the middle, so put 2 there [F: (9,5) (9,6)]

Step 2: R6: There are only three ways to fill 3-5 with 10 wholes. Fill the blocks common to all. [F: (2-3,6) (6-8,6)]

Step 3: R5: There is a 5 at the end, so if we know 9,5 is filled, we know 6-8,5 are filled. [F: (6-8,5)]

Step 4: C6: Leave at least three spaces for the 2 in 2-5, and we see only 2 possible conficurations for the 5, both fill 6,7 and 6,8 [F: (6,7) (6,8)]

Step 5: C7,8: Similar to step 4, but since it's only 1-5, we can only fill 7,7 and 8,7 [F: (7,7) (8,7)]

Step 6: C5: Leaving at least three blank for the 2, we see three possible ways to fill the 5, all of which fill 5,6 5,7, and 5,8 [F: (5,6-8)]

Step 7: R6: Thanks to Step 6, this row is now solved. Fill 1,6 and x out the rest. [F: (1,6) X: (4,6) (10,6)]

Step 8: R4: Leave 3 spaces for the 2. All possible configurations for 4 fill 7,4. [F: (7,4)]

Step 9: R8: The second one's a 3, so we can see the last 3 spots won't be used. X them out. [X: (8-10,8)]

Step 10: C10: Now we see the 4 can't be filled on the bottom half, X the rest out. Also, we can fill out the 3 middle ones, since all possibilities fill them. [F: (10,2-4) X: (10,7) (10,9) (10,10)]

Step 11: C9: similarly, our choices for 6 are limited, X out the bottom 2 and fill out the 3 above the already filled out. [F: (9,2-4) X: (9,9-10)]

Step 12: C8: we now see only one possiblity for this row. Complete it. [F: (8,1) (8,3-4) X: (8,2) (8,9-10)]

Step 13: R3,4: The second half are already their correct number, so X out the squares immediately to their left. [X: (7,3) (6,4)]

Step 14: C5,6: This makes the positioning of the 5s in these two collumns know. Fill them and X out the ones bellow them. [F: (6,9) (7,8) X:(6,10) (7,9-10)]

Step 15: R10: Now there's only one possibility for this Row. Finish it. [F: (1-5,10)]

Step 16: C1-5: This helps a lot. There is now only one possiblity for the last number in each of these rows. We can complete C1, fill out blocks in C2 and C5 and put Xs above the last in the rest. [F: (1,7-9) (2,9) (5,9) X: (1,1-5) (2,8) (3,9) (4,9) (5,5)]

Step 17: R8: It was completed with the previous step, so X out the rest. [X: (3-4,8)]

Step 18: R5: With the new X from Step 16, we can fill out the right side (also finishing C10) as well, we can will in 3,5 since it's in both possibilities. We also see the left side is forced to be a way, so fill in 10,5 too. [F: (3,5) (10,5)]

Step 19: C10: Now X out 10,1 cause this row's finished [X: (10,1)]

Step 20: R1: We can see that with the block in 8,1 there's only 2 possibilites for R1. Fill the common boxes and X out the common empty spaces. [F: (6-8,1) X: (2-4,1)]

Step 21: C6: with that move, C6 is finished as is C7. [F: (5,2) X: (5,3) (6,2)]

Step 22: R2: This row is finished thanks to that. [F: (5,2) X: (2-4,2)]

Step 23: C4: Thanks to that, we can mostly fill out C4: We can see that the 1 must be in the lower empty spot and that 4,4 must be filled. [F: (4,4) (4,7)]

Step 24: R7: This finishes R7 for us, so X out the rest. [X: (2-3,7) (9,7)]

Step 25: C9: Now there's only one possibilty for it, so fill in 9,1 [F: (9,1)]

Step 26: R1: Now this is finished, X out the remaining. [X: (5,1)]

Step 27: C5: Now this is known. [F: (5,3) X:(5,4)]

Step 28: R3: Now there's only one possibility, Finish the row. [F: (4,3) X: (2-3,3)]

Step 29: C4: Filled out, X out 4,5. [X: (4,5)]

Step 30: R5: this solves this row for us, Fill in 2,5. [F: (2,5)]

Step 31: C3: Now this puzzle is solved. Fill out 3,4 to finish the puzzle. [F: (3,4)]