A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nemegraphe - v 1.0 !

Xtreme

OK, this is really annoying. You're game is running at an unplayable speed despite taking up absolutely no resources. I got it to run smooth before somehow, but every time I open it it screws up again and is running at like 5 FPS despite the timer, etc, going at normal speeds..

Edit: the main reason it's so annoying is because this is such a fun game. Just saying in case you'd take it the wrong way. ^^

Edit 2: Neat pack, LarkSS. Ironic, though, that the only one you had as "Free" was the only one that had multiple solutions. Granted, it was only the corners and there were only two possibilities, at the very end, so it was still simple enough.

I really liked the Starcraft Wraith one. You should have made that one free. :P

I just found out that this game isnt a new concept...nonographing is 22 years old! Still though, this game is flippin awesome!

I haven't hidden it. I've said "you will recognize the concept". Many similar games exists on the net :)

I believe that is incorrect. As a counter-example, I bring up the following puzzle:

[qimg]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/kainsirusque/nemegraph.png[/qimg]

When there are multiple solutions, 720 to be exact, so you can't complete the picture, it's simple. In the readme txt, I've said that I will add a feature to know if a picture is completable.

In the Free mode, you can make hypothesis, okay, but in both modes, you won't fill the board at random ! It's as logic as Sudoku.

For the slowdowns, I suggest to close every big application. It runs perfectly on many computers.

EDIT: I've tested your pack, LarkSS, and I was very impressed. But I don't recommend to share a pack like this, because there are some values to be changed in other files... . On the other hand, please sort the pics by difficulty :D ( The Starcraft Wraith is quite hard, but it can be completed without guessing, so the Strict mode is appropriate )

As it is written in Readme txt, you'll be able to share a pack yourself in the future, but not right now. For the moment, use the connect button to send me the pictures, or send me directly an email because I need to test your pack before release it. Indeed, just only one picture have to be removed: it's winamp because there are 2 solutions. I'll edit it and your pack will be released as an official pack :)

Thank you for your creativity.

Edit 2: Neat pack, LarkSS. Ironic, though, that the only one you had as "Free" was the only one that had multiple solutions. Granted, it was only the corners and there were only two possibilities, at the very end, so it was still simple enough.

I really liked the Starcraft Wraith one. You should have made that one free. :P

Thanks for trying it out. =P The reason I made the one pic free was since it had 2 different solutions at the end. All the others on strict I tried myself and shouldn't be too hard if you figure it out, but can take awhile anyhow.

Btw, not sure if it matters or anything, but I experience sudden slowdown after I place a certain amount of blocks on a big puzzle. I'd take it that the object limit was already increased though. =/

Edit: I changed the Starcraft Wraith pic to freemode, so I'll sort them, do something about the winamp one, and send you an email Xtreme. And thanks. =)

And maybe you can add a music for your pack ( put a music file named LarkSS.muz in your folder ). Mods ( mod,it,xm...) and ogg runs fine ( the music must be less than 1 Mb ).

Anyway, an update will be available in the next hours.

EDIT: Beta03 is available. Use the online mode to download it ( 996Kb ). Tell me if the update was installed successfully.

Beta 0.3:

->Some glitches fixed

->Updater improved

->English mistakes corrected ( thanks to Rogueyoshi )

->The game runs smoother ( tell me Kain if it's better )

The update installed great for me, though it changed the list.grp file to the default state. ( Meaning I had to put my pack info back into it. ) Good news though, it doesn't slow down at the title screen anymore.

Trying to find a good bgm btw. I was wondering what that .muz file was. =P

ok i found a few bugs.

i beat the starcraft wraith picture, but it still shows a ? sign on it. also, the number says 20/20 even though the wraith pic has the ? sign.

in the edition menu, the music does not loop properly.

after loading a game, the board does not show what lines are cleared until you place a box or a check. this also happens after performing a hypothesis.

btw, good pack LarkSS. the wraith pic was particularly challenging.

Whenever I click the Connect button to send a pic, it says "Cannot connect to the server" even though I can use Online Mode without any problems.

And thanks for all the positive feedback on the pack. =) Perhaps some other time I can try to motivate myself to make another.

Xtreme, good work with Nemegraphe.

I found a bug in beta 0.2 (i didn't try 0.3 yet, so i don't know if it was solved) It is related to he bug that Rogueyoushi posted.

I was playing with one of the pics from LarkSS, in the middle I saved the game. Later I continued, and when I beat the puzzle, the image in the selector was still ?. I had to replay the puzzle without saving to pass it.

This only happens if you save. When you beat the puzzles without saving, there's no problem. Actually, it's the same bug that rogueyoshi posted, but I post this to complete information. The bug affects not only the wraith one.

Great game, also I have a question. How do you make the little image that appears next to the pack's name in the selector? I mean the image of the palmtree in case of Pack LarkSS or the little T of the Tutorial Pack?

Thank you, and don't worry: this bug has been already reported in details by rogueyoshi and it will be solved with the beta 0.4.

The little image is named tutoriel.icon or LarkSS.icon. It's just an active picture :)

EDIT: beta 0.4 is out !

• Important bug fixed ( save a game )
  • Fade in/out of numbers at loading the game fixed
  • Connection to send a picture improved ( tell me if there is no error )
  • Music loop in edition mode fixed
  • English mistakes corrected ( thanks to Rogueyoshi again )

I've also made a Nemegraphe forum:

http://www.nemega.hyperphp.com/

Sending a picture was successful now, and I can't seem to find any bugs at this point. =)

Great job with the game Xtreme. I tend to play this a lot during the day now to pass the time even if I'm just doing the same puzzles over again. =P

Great ! I've just received 01 - Other.nmg ;)

I've found few bugs in edition mode so we're still in beta testing.

Anyway, I will add 2 new feature in the next release:

-> Possibility to load a bmp file inside the Img edition mode.

-> Possibility to test a picture in the edition mode.

And there will be a SAGE 2007 Pack... :)

Great ! I've just received 01 - Other.nmg

I've found few bugs in edition mode so we're still in beta testing.

Anyway, I will add 2 new feature in the next release:

-> Possibility to test a picture in the edition mode.

And there will be a SAGE 2007 Pack...

Actually, just now as I finished sending you some more pics, I found a few bugs too, but they seem pretty hard to recreate. Once, when I loaded a pic, the mini-pic at the top-right was blank until I went into image mode and then back. Also another time when I loaded a pic, the mini-pic was the color of the last color I used to edit instead of black. I'm not sure what could be the cause though since it doesn't happen every single time.

Edit: Some of the pics I made were actually just real pictures that I took the time to recreate into nemegraphe. I thought it would be much easier if there was some kind of way to import the picture into nemegraphe without actually requiring the picture to go along with the puzzle. I gave it some thought and came up with a way to do this.

http://larkss.supersanctuary.net/PublicFiles/PicToPixels.zip

It basically goes along the picture retrieving RGB values and then transcribes them into objects. After it does that, you can use whatever method you used to save the positions and colors of the objects so they can be loaded later; like for example as it's converting the picture you can store the position and RGB values of each object into an array or something like that. If you already developed a method to do this, sorry. =/ I had some time to waste. =P

I've just downloaded the game, and I got to say it was very atticting. At first, I couldn't understand it, but now, once you do, you just love playing it. You really got some great talent, ^^. Twas worth the download.

Keep it up,

-Amesuki

Thank you Amesuki :)

If you already developed a method to do this, sorry. =/ I had some time to waste. =P

Indeed, I've already implemented this function to Nemegraphe. It's similar to your method but simplier, and it takes only 4 events. Anyway, your tut is very well made, so well done, it can help a lot of people who wants to try overlay.

Hope that this new function will help some people to make pics faster.

I'm almost sure that the next release will be the 1.0 because I think there are no bug anymore. In that case, I will send the games to other websites.

• 2 weeks later...