A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nemegraphe - v 1.0 !

Xtreme

• 11 months later...

I'm back. Do you remember the game ? ^^

A year later, I present you a huge update of Nemegraphe, which is now 0.5. It could be the last beta release so if you are not busy, please report bugs.

As usual, if you already have the game ( I hope you haven't deleted it ^^ ), you can update inside. Otherwise, goto page 1.

Improvements:

-> Some bugs fixed

-> Skins ! ( 3 for the moment )

-> 2 new official packs : +45 pictures

-> You can make your own pack

-> You can test a picture you've created

-> You can load bmp/jpg... files as pictures

-> You can be aware of an update at starting

-> Other things I can't remember now

Again, my apologies for my English :)

• Like 1

@gsoft: Was actually thinking about it since I started getting into the game again, but probably not anytime soon. =P

@Xtreme: I love that you can create packs within the application now; simplifies the process so much. =P Also, the additions of skins is great, but I think you should make it more open-ended aka the skin files are stored externally so users can create their own skins ( which could possibly be downloaded in a separate section on online mode ).

Btw, just a little grammar mistake you might want to fix up for a future version:

There are 2 different game modes. This picture is in Strict mode, what means that you will lose 50000 points for every bad square filled.

'what' should be 'which'. =>

Thanks, your comments help me to make this game more and more complete.

LarkSS, I thought about this process, and it is possible, even if it may take time. So maybe I'll try to implement this after the v.1.0 . But I agree with you, It will be nice to see ;)

This kind of game is called Nonogram, Picross, Logigraph or Hanjie...

But I think this is not a good idea to release it as shareware because I want to gather a community around this game so I need a lot of people.

By the way, have you found any bug in this new version ? ( No problem when you send a picture with the connect button, in order to test the new server ? )

I haven't tested the send picture as of yet, but I'll get around to it eventually and let you know how it goes. Kinda curious if I can send a whole pack at one time actually. =P

Also, not sure if this is considered a bug, but I noticed that the game runs much more slowly than it did before while playing a puzzle. The sequence when you can see the picture for the puzzle becomes very off-sync with the completion bgm and the app takes awhile to load the menu. Probably no big deal; perhaps setting the application to computer-dependant speed would help. *shrugs*

Edit: I come with another report.

First, I think you should allow the menu in which you select a puzzle to handle more than only 4. It forces me to have to switch a pack to the fanmade catagory in order to select it.

Second, the fanmade catagory is kinda buggy. I'm guessing that's because it's just a test for beta 0.5. The problem is that you made the list file know what order to open puzzle packs by the number of the group label and the catagory the pack is in is stored in this group label. This means only one pack can be label 0 so only one pack can pop up first on the list. In other words, one of the catagories will have a delay when loading the packs.

To fix this, I think you should change the labels to identify what catagory they go in. For example, for a pack that you want to be in the fanmade catagory and have it load first, instead of:

[0]

cate=1

...you should make it:

[1,0]

The 1 before the comma is the catagory and the 0 determines the pack inside that catagory. You can get both numbers using an extension that works with delimiters so it can understand that there are two numbers in that group label. This way any number of catagories will work correctly. Hope I made some kind of sense. =/

Finally, I tried uploading a puzzle my brother made and the connection failed very quickly after 3 attempts on uploading just the puzzle and then 3 attempts on uploading a pack. I guess the new server isn't working? =< Kinda strange in my oppinion since I was able to download packs just fine.

Anyway, that's my report for now. I hope you continue to improve this game since nothing I said is meant to be against it. ;>

Edit2: Found another bug while I was creating a puzzle. When I was trying out the Test feature ( quite a helpful addition ), when I returned to the puzzle editor the drop-down menu that lets you select what pack you want to save in reset itself causing me to accidentally save in the Tutorial pack rather than my own pack. You'd probably want the game to remember what you selected there. =P

LarkSS, I thought about this process, and it is possible, even if it may take time. So maybe I'll try to implement this after the v.1.0 . But I agree with you, It will be nice to see

I recently implemented external skins for an animation program I'm working on and I've been able to get external animations to work as well, so if you have any problems with that I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, I come back with the final version of the game, v 1.0 !!!

I've heard all your suggestions, and particularly thanks LarkSS for your help (the menu can already handle more than 4 puzzles ( use arrows on the left )).

Improvements:

-> Machine independent speed implemented ( the game should be faster )

-> Sending pictures and packs is now working ( new server again )

-> Updated saving picture function in edition mode

-> Few bugs fixed ( I hope that's all )

-> New website ! http://nemega.co.cc/

About this new website, I would be more than happy if someone could check english mistakes and sentences. I will add this person in the credits of course.

Now, I will start to promote this game so say me good luck and thanks everybody for your assistance.

;)