A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog Online project cancelled

Jsonic

Wow... that looks a lot cooler than the Sonic Online stuff.

Sonic Online looked more like a real Sonic game, though. The UT2004 Sonic mod appears just to be a glorified skin/map pack. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, as I am anticipating the UT2004 mod quite a bit, but still.

"Sonic Online looked more like a real Sonic game, though."

But what good is that if it's never going to be finished, anyway? I'd prefer a finished glorified skin/map pack with the potential to be fun to play than something that looks more like a "real" Sonic game that I'll never be able to play. Also, I don't think there's even a definition for a "real" Sonic game anymore.

Guest Shadix
Sonic Online looked more like a real Sonic game, though. The UT2004 Sonic mod appears just to be a glorified skin/map pack. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, as I am anticipating the UT2004 mod quite a bit, but still.

They've done quite a bit of custom scripting too. :\ But I guess I've never played UT2k4 to know.

Their talents would put to so much better use if they made their own game :\. Not everything is suited to ended up with as spectacular results as SRB2 had... and without the source code for the game they are working with they are really limited.