A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Transformers Movie Extravaganza Topic

So this movie is going to be big. Not just big big, but colossal big. Bigger than Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3 (ew), and... well I don't think it will have more hype than Pirates 3 got, but still. The CG is jaw-dropping, and the tiny bits of action you see in the trailers make you ejaculate. Don't lie.

Lets start the party off with a bang, the movie's theme song.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32910

2007Prime.jpg

BackofPrime.jpg

Megatron.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

Optimus is gonna own you you extremely alien Megatron.

Are they making them mutes in the movie? Every trailer I see seems to depict a different genre cliche. The one with megatron sneaking around and being merciless made it seem like they turned it into a suspense movie. " omg megatron gonna kill us one by one"

The second trailer makes the movie seem based around some guy who understands them trying to convince the government that they arent all evil.

I suppose, but I can't think of anything I've seen recently that looks much better. I'm wondering as to why Rael thinks it looks stupid though, as that could mean virtually anything (CG looks stupid, the idea of a Transformers movie looks stupid, the synopsis of the movie seems stupid, etc).

Part of my reason may actually be that one of my friends has been obsessed with Transformers for as long as I've known him, and it makes this automatically lose points with me. Kinda like how anything "Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Carribean" makes me cringe and think 'Oh goodness... not again...' due to how you just can't get away from them... they're seemingly everywhere.

Haha, I know the feeling. This is something that like.. I'll probably see, but I'm not really in a rush to go see it. :P

I never really got Lord of the Rings. I saw part of the second one, but I fell asleep like 15 minutes in and woke up to see the last 10 minutes. The build-up was so horribly slow. ::shrug::

Part of my reason may actually be that one of my friends has been obsessed with Transformers for as long as I've known him, and it makes this automatically lose points with me. Kinda like how anything "Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Carribean" makes me cringe and think 'Oh goodness... not again...' due to how you just can't get away from them... they're seemingly everywhere.

So you hate it because its popular?

Guest Shadix
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this looks really stupid.

Take it for what it's worth. I still think Megatron design is ridiculously uninspired and cliche, but then again this is an American interpretation of giant robos, which is comparable to an anime set in medieval Europe. (Find me one without oversized swords)

I hear you there. Seeing any of these 3D cartoon movies anymore makes me want vomit. You can't escape them. The advertising just goes way too far. There should be a limit to the hype and propoganda.

So you hate it because its popular?

More like it's too popular. Moderation is the key. If I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein online and my HUD starts filling with character names from something that isn't World War 2 related, it's going too far. Actual event: I hear a teammate call for health and start rushing to him, taking out an enemy on the way (named Legolas) with a little help (from Gimli), get asked for ammo from Megatron, then finally drop the health packs off for the wounded teammate, Sephiroth. LotR1 had just hit theatres.