A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom Adventure

Sonic Boom Adventure.

A Sequal/Redo Of My Previous Game Sonic Boom. Does Things Other GM5 Games Can't.

Like:

- Grinding

- Lightdash

- No Dumb Homing Attack To Make You Glitchy Overpowered.

Demo Screen Shots:

Beggining Of The Demo Stage.

sonicboomadventuredemosfr6.png

Running Animations.

sonicboomadventuredemosmd7.png

Treasure Room:

sonicboomadventuredemosid9.png

A Very Helpful Ring Arrow.

sonicboomadventuredemosxj0.png

End Of The Stage.

endoflevelcd9.png

Demo Being Released VERY Soon.

Hope You Like What You See!

Okay. Noted.

One Problem Though. I Don't Know How To Make It Smaller. Game Maker Uses Repeatitive Backrounds So... It's Either Billions Of The Same Image On Top Of Each Other ( The Beach And Below That Is Sky With Another Beach.. ) Or The Stretched One.

First off, Game maker uses it's own editor, so resize the image in the transform tab.(stretch)

Secondly, there is a way to keep the background from moving up and down. In your end step event, do this;

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9974/examplepz0.png

It shakes a bit, and I think there's another way of doing this, but I don't know it.

Okay. Noted.

One Problem Though. I Don't Know How To Make It Smaller. Game Maker Uses Repeatitive Backrounds So... It's Either Billions Of The Same Image On Top Of Each Other ( The Beach And Below That Is Sky With Another Beach.. ) Or The Stretched One.

Lay off the shift key.

The game setup kind of looks more like Mario than Sonic, really.

this is almost crap. the background is blury and you mixed advance and genesis. That looks like crap for me.

HEY! If you can't give constructive criticism like a goddamn mature adult, then shut your mouth, n00bie.

@Toxic: Hmm, it doesn't look too bad from my pov, but it needs more work.

*The rings shouldn't be scattered like that.

*Those springs shouldn't float in mid-air, they should be attached to something.

Also they should be placed better.

*Those item boxes shouldn't be grouped together like that, you really should space them apart from each other.

*The backgrounds are not too good I'm afraid, perhaps a blur effect wouldn't be the best, also avoid stretching tiles.

*You should work on a better HUD. I can barely see it.

Try fixing those things before issuing a demo.

I know what this game plays like before I even play it. A couple things that you're doing wrong after looking at the screens:

-Using the same tile to build your entire level

-Rings are everywhere (and why do people think it's cool to make an "arrow" out of rings? People aren't that stupid.)

-Floating springs

-The far BG is blurry and awkward (but that problem has been discussed already).

Also, Toxic, you need to not type in all-caps. Doing that will evoke the caps filter and make your posts look like they are now. If you're not capsing everything, then why are you capitalizing every word? Are you 12?

"..and you mixed advance and genesis."

Sometimes it can actually work. And if he's reshading them, it will.

"Rings are everywhere (and why do people think it's cool to make an "arrow" out of rings? People aren't that stupid.)"

Sega does it. >.>

This Game Is So FuckIng Cool I Love It So Much With My Mouth I Want To Play It All Day Long In West Philideplia Born And Raised On The Play Ground Is Where I Spent Most Of My Days

if you type one more post in which you capitalize every word I will sue you for causing damage to my retinas

• 2 weeks later...
Slingerland: Sonic Adventure, Ice Cap. There's a gigantic arrow made out of rings in the first part of that level (before you're snowboarding). I believe it's in the same area where you've got to jump between the spikes.

Oh, ok, but wouldn't you agree that it makes sense for ring arrows to be in 3D games though? Just sayin' that it seems kind of pointless in the second dimension. Especially when there's only one path to take lulz.