A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSBB Blog: Update Discussion

Why is Zelda so low on the "totem pole"? She has some pretty amazing power and her ability to recover from far away is pretty awesome too. What does she lack? Speed, yeah sure, and she's lighter than a some characters...but that's all I see.

Don't ask me. I'm just the messenger.

I'd imagine it having a heck of a lot to do with her poor attack variety. Its incredibly hard to mindgame with her because all of her attacks are so straight forward and moderately slow.

Don't ask me. I'm just the messenger.

I'd imagine it having a heck of a lot to do with her poor attack variety. Its incredibly hard to mindgame with her because all of her attacks are so straight forward and moderately slow.

Zelda's moveset is backwards to me. Most of her Strong attacks have more knockback/power potental than her Smash attacks do, and a few of her smash attacks are suicidal/useless overall.

BTW:

Why the fuck did I get banned again? Was it just my monthly time period or something?

Now they're just screwing with us... Diddy Kong? I'm mean, that's awesome that we're getting to see new characters but it seems like they're holding back Sonic. Which would actually make sense but, it'd be nice to find out sooner. I'm curious how Diddy works since he's smaller than DK and definately weaker.

Oh BAW. Diddy is a superb addition. Plus, think about it: WHY would they drop that bomb at the very beginning? Anyone actually thinking we'll see Sonic announced "soon" is probably still holding out for a robust online multiplayer mode too. If anything he'll be: announced near the end, not announced at all but included as a secret character, causing the internet to explode, or he just won't be in it.

Diddy isn't gonna be a smaller, lighter DK. He has his guns, and he can't exactly charge up a punch or slam you into the dirt and trap you. Infact, I predict very few clones at all this time, and I can definately see Diddy as top tier.

Anywho, tonight's Japan time will be Diddy's specials and/or Final Smash, so it'll be neat to see what else they give him (jetpack?)

This just in: Petey Pirahna, shown brandishing two caged princesses and intimidating Kirby in a movie a few days ago, will be a boss who brandishes two caged princesses and intimidates Kirby!

This opens the door for all manner of non-playable boss characters. (such as the obvious)

That song... was in animal crossing? I did not know Animal Crossing had a Masked(Kamen) Rider reference (compare this mix to Let's Go Rider Kick!). Anyways, with the inclusion of more characters, Trophies, Assist Trophies, and now Boss characters, I'm thinking we are going to see a whole lot of Nintendo characters in this game. Oh, and personally, I doubt that Sonic will be in this.

In all truth, i think Sora would be the awesomest newcomer ever.

He has tons of attacks, he would actully fit the theme, and he would just be awesome to play as.

Besides, Chain of Memories was on GBA, and Squaresoft used to be exclusive Nintendo, so it would be awesome to see.