A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

S-E makes Sef angreh, News at 11

Logo.jpg

Site

- Final Fantasy characters beating the shit out of each other on a 3D field.

- The gods Cosmos and Chaos (see logo) called on the heroes of light and dark

- Confimed characters thus far: Zidane, Garland, Kuja and the FFI Light Warriors.

- Character designs by Nomura.

- Coming to the pee ess pee (hi Sereph :D) this year... in Japan I guess

Scan:

134805949420070509143435.jpg

lolwut

This came out of the left field.

I wonder if they're planning to add two characters per entry (one good, one ebil). Uses the Crisis Core engine apparently. And Chaos has a face in his crotch.

More at the Square Enix Party this weekend.

spidermanno-1.jpg

pic unrelated

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far there's a FFIV Remake for the DS (using the FFIII engine), FFXII International version, FF7 Crisis Core stuff and they revealed a new IP (Last Remnant, uses the UE3, multiplatform) which is being developed by one of their third rate teams.

If anything that new IP gives me hope they'll try reviving one of their smaller franchises someday.

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Star Ocean? Maybe that's for the Wii. Or perhaps they were merely talking about Crystal Chronicles 2. A new FFXIII video is pretty much confirmed too and I wouldn't rule out a spinoff announcement - specifically Haeresis, which I was told would appear on 360 for those interested (may be their new 360/PC/PS3 MMORPG).

Just a couple more days.

Screw Chrono, I want Aya Brea ;-;

Ten years of FFXIII probably has more to do with their new MMORPG. By 2008 the three current FNC titles will have been finished, leaving us with just three more. By 2010, probably earlier, all of them will be out and beaten. The only way to keep the project alive is with a MMO game, whose lifespan lasts years and can recieve expansions.

Either that or they're simply increasing the spinoff number ololo.

@DW: Famitsu sez it's a new installment in the series iirc. No TtEoT port.

Chono

necronesia2id3.jpg

oh shit typo

In all seriousness, I <3 both Chronos (yes I liked Cross so what) but if I have to pick between them or Parasite Eve I'm going for hawt mitochondrial action.

Unless there's Lucca pron involved.

Maybe, maybe not. Knowing Square's last crossover fighting game there is a very good chance of it sucking total ass.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170405.html

Finally, Yamagishi noted that a brand-new entry in the series, Star Ocean 4, is currently in joint development between Square and longtime series developer Tri-Ace. Specific information on the release date and platforms is set to be announced in the near future.

Following the Star Ocean presentation, producer Shinji Hashimoto took the stage to discuss the series of titles featuring the beloved chocobos. Hashimoto offered a quick update on the recently released Chocobo Tales for the Nintendo DS, noting that following its release in Japan and the US, Square Enix has decided to release the game in Europe as well. However, the bigger news of the day was the announcement of a new Wii title, the tentatively named Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki Wasure No Meikyuu (or, roughly translated, The Dungeon of Forgotten Time). The game's producer, Yuki Yokoyama, showed a trailer of the game featuring fly-throughs of various environments, which included familiar faces from the previous Chocobo Dungeon title running on the game engine. The lovable yellow bird was seen walking around town, napping on a dock, hanging out on a swing, and having tea at a café. The footage perked up when the camera focused on a clock tower with a loudly clanging bell. The diminutive bird was then seen being teleported away, fighting his way through a dungeon, leveling up, and generally trying to stay alive in a hostile environment. Yokoyama noted that the Chocobo's Dungeon series was celebrating its 10th anniversary and that the game would include elements that should be familiar to Final Fantasy fans. He also pointed out that the game would be more than just a dungeon hack-and-slash game. While there wasn't a great deal of information given out, the game is set in a world called Vil, a land of forgotten time where people have lost their memories. The lost memories will figure into gameplay, as you will see them appear on the game field as glittering objects. He also stated that the game would include something special for fans of Chocobo Tales.

Oh, so Square's big announcement for the Wii is Chocobo's... Dungeon...

Well Square, my response to that is a nice big "Fuck you. Fuck you right in the ass with razor dildos while being gang banged by a mob of angry ninja pirates"

For some reason, this game reminds me of that fighter with Final fantasy characters with 8-directional movement and such called Ehrgeiz. It was for the PSX, will this game be similar to that, or will there be much more to it?

It'll probably be something like the Marvel Nemesis fighting engine, I've seen a couple of games with the "Superstar brawls" niche similar to it.

Example: Teen Titans.

Truth be told, I've never did like Marvel Nemesis, it was fun after the first few hours.

However, I can't say that I'm not looking forward to this game.

(FF7 whore, you guys knew that though. XD)

Looking forward to seeing Squall too, if he's in there.

(oh, Forgot FF3 Characters, I better seem them too.)

And that Dragon Quest Swords spinoff. Thank god for online play on the CC game, because there's no fucking way I'm spending money on extra accessories to have a decent experience with it. Besides, I don't have friends at al-I MEAN that like videogames around to play with.

By the way - this was just the presentation event. The actual Square Enix Party begins this weekend and that's where they'll reveal information, screens and videos of what was announced and more. Hope they actually make the FF13 videos available ):

I predict FFXIII going to the 360 then cancelled and moved to the DS, FFXIII Versus to be an interactive FMV game, 14 more FF spinoffs announced and Chocobo Touch! Rape Training for the DS. Oh, and Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (GBA).

PS: Shirts now available

chocoboshirtil8.jpg

Alright, let's sum this up so far:

- The FFXIII and Versus trailers are the same they shown at Jump Festa and were played in a closed theather.

- New KH spinoff *apparently* for PSP.

- FFXI Expansion.

Alright, I can live with this.

But...

wait for it...

get ready...

PARASITE EVE 3

... for JP cellphones.

FUCK YOU SQUARE. FUCK YOU UP THE ASS. HERE'S HOPING YOU ALL DIE IN A FIRE MOTHERFUCKERS.

I've only slept 3 hours tonight, had flu and nosebleed due to some allergic reaction (first time I've had this), my body aches in places I didn't know I had - and now this.

Worst day ever in my life.

Yes, they are necessary as they symbolize the transition between anticipation -> hype -> HOLY SHIT PE3 -> ubar letdown.

Allow me to visually exemplify this transition with a quick gif:

arnoldlolpe.gif

):

closed07.jpg

Oh God why can't this be on a console? I'll take even the DS )':