A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

S-E makes Sef angreh, News at 11

Oh well, the impact has settled down a bit. I'll still be bitter for a few days, but can't really do much about it. And I'm not the only one, pretty much every forum I've been browsing had similar words to the company :P

The event has a post-it wall where fans leave their thoughts to the company (thoughts that range from "Do Xenogears better than PS1 version" to the always popular "Remake FFVI/VII on PS3", with some gems such as "FF needs more black people" in between), I bet there's quite a bunch of PE3 related messages now. Wish this feedback would bite them hard in the ass. But alas, it won't happen, mobile games are a huge market in Japan and Square is not going to cancel this without even trying due to intarnets rage.

This thread took a turn for the worse with trolling and even hints at shitty console wars. Should I be surprised? Of course not, I'm the one who started with inflamatory comments and thread title! I'd like to blame it on my awful physical condition yesterday, to say I was caught with the defenses down... but truth is, I've been hopelessly waiting for a new Parasite Eve at every important event, and now I get this... this atrocity. I, along with thousands of fans like me, feel raped.

DW: I'm a "blatant SE fanboy"? XD How so? Considering I don't even like half of their games and that I've been pretty critical of many of their latests efforts, albeit I don't feel the need to bring this up randomly on every slightly related topic. For all intents and purposes let's keep the f-word namecalling to Gamefaqs, alright?

The only good side of this news is that S-E still remembers they had such a franchise, and seeing how their love for milking is on par with Capcom's it shouldn't be too long before getting Aya on a real system. Always look on the bright side of life and all that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see my recap of the whole event:

DS:

Dragon quest 9 = HAWT

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 = Hawt

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: ROF = Pretty awesome, can't wait to see if they can improve upon the original crapfest (it had its good points)

Its a Wonderful World = Amazing, looks like some jet grind radio-ish mix with kingdom hearts artwork and the gameplay looks great.

Final Fantasy IV = YES Kain in 3d glory!

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker = Definate yes!

Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings = Looks to be a badass RTS style game

PSP:

Star Ocean 1 and 2 remake = Only good things can come from this

Final Fantasy Fighting game = I can only hope it's good

FF7 Crisis Core = I've been waiting for this one patiently like a fucking hawk

Wii:

Dragon Quest Swords = It seems theres more to this game than slashing the wii mote over and over, I may have to give it a try

Chocobo Dungeon = Eh, Mysterious Dungeon games are pretty neat if you have the time to plunk down on em.

Cell phones

PE3 = If I actually enjoyed PE 1 or 2 I may have had a problem with this but I just couldn't find any good in either game...and I have tried them out.

Well it looks like out of 13 games, only 2 of them really I have any qualms with....I think I hate square! OMFG I HATE THEM!

On a lighter note, the DS is gettings some hard earned love and I can't wait to try out the games coming soon!

You forgot:

Star Ocean 4 (PS3/360/Wii ?) - Okay, just got a title announced but it's something

Last Remnant (PS3/360) - Looks meh, given the team working I wouldn't expect much but it's got potential.

Final Fantasy XIII / Versus (PS3) - In video form, but they were there

Final Fantasy XIII Agito (Mobile) - This one got a new trailer.

FFXIII: Starts off showing the underworld and the surroundings covered in green. Then a bird-like monster is seen flying around the green sky where a sphere-like object (looks kinda like earth) is floating. Then continues to where the Jump Festa trailer started. The part where Lightning drops down from the sky and throws a gravity bomb at the pack of soldiers was extended to show more of that battle. Near the end the Jump Festa stopped when the blond guy showed up but in this new trailer it shows him warding off the soldiers and then he throws a small blue ball into the air while water is being scattered everywhere. The ball grows bigger and then Shiva pops up. Shiva transforms into a bike and the water is turned into ice for Shiva to slide back to the summer (blond guy). Blond guy rides Shiva and attacks the soldier with the same gun the soldiers use. End.

Versus XIII: Mostly same but near the end when our protagonist sits back in his chair, a mysterious man in white robes stand behind him starts casting some spell on the pillar (coffin-like thing). Our protagonist thrusts his sword at the mystery man but the mystery man casts something to defend himself.

The Agito trailer also apparently has some new gameplay footage and the graphics are said to be better than a PS1.

"Blond guy rides Shiva" - Awesome

Crisis Core scans (1, 2, 3, 4)

Also other characters to be in Dissidia:

· Cecil (FFIV)

· Kain Highwind (FFIV)

· Sephiroth (FFVII)

Sereph's SE bashing in this thread is alright because it's justified and not totally off-topic. The only problem I've had with it in the past was when it was completely irrelevant to the discussion.

It's probably not as bad as my old rants on Sonic Advance 2 though...

Anyway this really sucks. I'm glad I have no interest in it or I'd be really po'd.

Guest Shadix

Serephim: You are aware the reason we loathe you is because of your rants right? It has nothing to do with your fucking opinion. EVERY FUCKING TIME SE comes up you start acting like a stuckup hardass and start spewing shit to kingdom come about Square.

Sef: :o. A complete Xenogears?! (With live performed soundtrack since it has the best soundtrack ever bestowed upon a game.)

I doubt that could happen though and turn out as good as I would hope it would. Didn't the team responsible migrate to a different company to make Xenosaga only to fall apart in the later installments? I don't think there is much of a team left.

Serephim: You are aware the reason we loathe you is because of your rants right? It has nothing to do with your fucking opinion. EVERY FUCKING TIME SE comes up you start acting like a stuckup hardass and start spewing shit to kingdom come about Square.

Quick someone translate this event into C++ code