A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spider-Man 3

Watched the midnight show. Dressed up as Spider-Man.

Loved it.

I read the last paragraphs on the Ain't It Cool News reviews on the movie before I saw it, and they all said "meh it really could've been better."

DO NOT FUCKING LISTEN TO THEM.

You can whine and groan all you want, but this movie was just simply amazing.

The last fight scene was.... in such a comic book-like manner, it was incredible.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I fucking loved the movie (even if there wasn't enough venom in it..)

It was just like watching one of the more epic story lines in a spidey comic, I didn't think they would be able to handle 3 enemies in 1 movie, but good god did they do it well. And venom was just plain f'in awesome.

EDIT: They really weren't trying anything extrordinary here. Same old cheesy dialogue, same old character development, same old corny joke scenes, and same old "God, it feels like they're hammering my mind" fight scenes. Just a lot of the same.

"Meh" is my response.

Gonna see it tonight. I'm glad that some people here said it was good, because i was slightly worried that they would mess up with 3 enemies, but you guys have quelled my fears. I'll tell you what I think when I get back I suppose.

EDIT: Holy crap, that was sweet. I can understand what Koray means about the over-epicness of this movie, but I loved every second of it. Especially Venom. He may have only been there in the very end, but it was so freakin' sweet! I heard little children in the audience gasping and just generaly being afraid of him. Lots of drama in this one. Way more than the first two. Also, they made Sandman ten times cooler than I expected.

Only bad thing I've heard about it from someone is that it was "mainly talking" and there wasn't a "lot of fighting" but.. that's pretty much how the first two were. So I was like "lay off the drugs" and then he was like "I'll try."

True story.

Only bad thing I've heard about it from someone is that it was "mainly talking" and there wasn't a "lot of fighting" but.. that's pretty much how the first two were. So I was like "lay off the drugs" and then he was like "I'll try."

True story.

There was plenty of fighting for my tastes.

*SPOILER*

I didn't like that Venom that much. I don't like the idea of a talkative Venom...if he has to be talkative, he should keep the mask on. I mean I love Topher Grace, but everytime he talked, I just saw Eric. It was off putting.

That scene when he walked down the street struttin his stuff, and that scene in the jazz bar? Class of the highest caliber

I don't remember him being talkative. Since he was, i just simply wish he kept his mask on while he was talking. Like I said:

every time he unmasked himself to taunt Spiderman, I just saw Eric. He only had to take the mask off once, so that Spiderman knew it was him. Im probably gonna be alone on this anyway

The Symbiote Peter vs Harry fight in the mansion was just too delicious. I love how much of a dickwad he was to Harry the entire time, you couldn't help but root for him.

I love how epic the last fight scene was. And how comic-like they introduced the battle, being on the news and all. At that point they had me, even before the fighting started.

At our theater, they were playing with beach balls before the advertisements came on. There were like 15 other guys dressed up as Spider-Man as well, so I didn't feel alone. ;p

We saw it a director's hall for LinkGO7's birthday (which is tomorrow, but he hasn't set it, so be aware) Him and one of his friends was making comments throughout the whole movie.

Worse moment: during the scene where Peter confronts Eddie over the black spiderman pictures, the movie cut off for 5 minutes. >_<

Best moment: My brother's friend was making jokes about how Mary Jane is a "whore". So when Peter hit Mary Jane on accident, he was the only one to yell a satisfied "YES" in the theater. =P

I thought Mary Jane was a dumbass the whole movie. Pete went through everything she goes through now (in his spidey career) in the 1st and 2nd movie....

So did anyone else think it was neat how when spidey was pulling the water pipe open to shoot it at sandman, when each bolt popped, the camera would zoom up to sandman and he'd say something. Very comic-like.

They should have made this movie be all about the suit, and then have it end with Venom being born, cut to credits. Fourth movie be all about Venom. Venom has his own goddamn saga.

I just think this movie tried to do too much. You've got Peter and MJ's thing going on, Harry's being all New Goblin and shit, you've got Sandman, then you need to explain Eddie Brock's entire backstory, how his life got RUINED (and not just "boo hoo you embarrassed me") and then explain the symbiote suit, THEN have Venom come into all of it. It's too much to do in one film. I could tell that the director ment it when he said that he didn't like the whole Symbiote story.

Anyways, not terrible, but not how the third movie should end.

too bad there won't be a third. Apparently. Tobey Maguire is calling it quits on Spiderman. Who else could be spiderman?

Eh, I'm glad, he looked like shit the 3rd movie, just because tobey called it quits doesnt mean they can't get a new spidey. Look at the batman movies. Sam Raimi is a great director, and I think he did a great job with the pacing of this movie.