A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

DS players, Quick questions.

TRD

Sup guys,

I plan on buying FF3DS later on, and I wanted to ask people who have or have knowledge of the game some questions.

1) Do you get to name your main character or characters or is it set?

2) Is the battle system turn based? (it probably is but I wanted to make sure, love that style.)

3) If FF3DS lets you choose characters to start with (Black mage, thief, etc.) Which one would you recommend me to choose?

That's it. While I'm at it, I plan on buying 3 games for my DS along with a wifi connector:

1) Mario Kart DS

2) FF3DS

3) ?????

What third game would anyone recommend me getting?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I currently have:

Metroid Prime Hunters

Super Mario 64 DS

Sonic Rush

Warioware

Rayman DS

New Mario

Lunar Knights

Animal Crossing

3 great games.

FF3DS:

I believe you name the entire party.

Dude, it's an NES RPG. Of course it's turn based.

You choose all of the jobs for the entire party, but only after beating the second boss and getting the first crystal. I prefer Warrior, White and Black Mages, and a Red Mage, though some prefer Thief or whatever.

From what i heard, SE changed NOTHING with the engine aside from the Rendering part.

Its supposed to directly reflect the old version.

SE= Sqaure Enix

and yes, they did change the game around. The classes are more balanced, so Sages aren't overpowered, and the way class changing works is a tad different, too. I believe they might have tweaked a few other things as well.

Also, the starting class is completely different, and the old starting class is hidden, along with a hidden dungeon.

Plus, the dialoge is more modern, and the characters have personality. Plus they added a thing where you can talk to your party or guest character, occasionally getting hints.

EDIT: Yea, EBA is pretty tits.

mario and luigi partners in time had a great combat system, I liked the first one better though.

Wario Ware DS is crazy shenanigans.

If you want something really fun, I'd suggest dragon warrior: Rocket Slime. It places you in the role of a slime from the dragon warrior series, and you receive a tank in which you do battle against other tanks by shooting all kinds of objects, people, and other random things. The actual world itself is vibrant and takes a good amount of time to complete. I love the game.

mario and luigi partners in time had a great combat system, I liked the first one better though.

Wario Ware DS is crazy shenanigans.

If you want something really fun, I'd suggest dragon warrior: Rocket Slime. It places you in the role of a slime from the dragon warrior series, and you receive a tank in which you do battle against other tanks by shooting all kinds of objects, people, and other random things. The actual world itself is vibrant and takes a good amount of time to complete. I love the game.

Never heard of Dragon warriors but I'll see what it has to offer, thanks.

Partners in time is sounding real good right now, I'll think about it.

For a third game, if you are a megaman fan...Megaman ZX it's fun and uses the MM: Zero engine, it also has tons of refernces to the other game series.

Bad news is, it's short - if you're looking for longevity, there are better games...

Also...

Never heard of Dragon warriors but I'll see what it has to offer, thanks.

o_O

Oh yeah, I know Dragon Quest, didn't know that was the japanese name for it.

Anyways thanks guys, I've made my decision and I think I'll go with New Super Mario Bros., however if it's not in stores I'll go with these alternatives in this order:

1. Animal Crossing

2. Mario Partners in time

3. And possibly, Diddy Kong Racing. Yeah though I've heard that this port is alittle off, I'm really interested in the Create-A-Track thing and the multiplayer, we'll see.

Thanks guys.