A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PG vs. Roomate

Pheonix Gamma

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was thinking along the lines of a formal, written complaint, detailing the alcohol in his possesion, violation of health code (ever see mountain dew become a gel-like substance? How about opening a bottle of 3 month old milk, which still makes me gag today?) etc, and that I would like a new roomate. But I make it sound all fancy and smart, like that other formal complaint I made one time...

Course, I'd like to make it look like I had no say in it, so when he faces whatever shit they give him, I could say "beats me" and go back to Cave Story.

And I wouldn't change universities just because the guy I'm living with is a moron. The classes are great, and it's a good distance from home, but close enough to drive back and see my old friends.

Is he passing his exams?

If he is as bad is you're making out, then I doubt he'll change no matter what you do. You could smack the shit out of him, if only to make yourself feel better.. not only that, but going by what you said he deserves it.

I'm also bearing in mind there are two sides to every story, and i'm not calling you a lier here, but perhaps your perspective of things is a tad more dramatic than he sees it. Although you seem sure you want shot of this guy, in some cases mixing two different people can result in a positive experience.

uh...he knows he's a slob. And he knows he smells. And he knows he's a bad roomate. On several occasions me and my friends pointed it out, and he said, and I quote, "yea but you know it's funny." He knew this when his bowl of unfinished cereal hardened, he knew this when his mountain dew became a solid without freezing, but turning into a gel, he knew this when he opened that 3 month old, never refrigerated milk. Leave some milk out for 3 months unrefridgerated, get someone to go into a small room with you, and open it, and see how they react. Now laugh. See how long that person likes you.

And he has a 1.6 GPA, cause he misses classes almost all of the time. I'm an art major, and I write more papers than him.

Anyways, it's 9AM, and his alarm clock went off every ten minutes, but it doesn't wake him up, so I shut it off, but appearantly he saw it, because now he has his phone going off, which never happened. I think it's safe to say that there's a mutual dislike, so I'll so see if I can get a new roomate.

He will not get in trouble if you report him for a bottle of rum. An RA doesn't have the authority to waltz in and open his shit unless he's doing something wrong at the time. Ratting him out will make you look like a fool.

If you want to write something, write about the clear violation of the health forms you all have to sign when you move into dorms. Its against the law to leave shit like that laying around. I know when I moved in I had to sign stuff and it was awful.

Wait, what is all this about?

It seems to me that the majority of posts here are telling you too kick him real hard in the bootay. Now i admit, apart from living in the same room as my brother, i've obviously never lived in a dorm or anything like that, but i have trouble with broth' aswell.

He never clears up, he leaves food around, HE DOESN'T PUT THE FUTON UP...*breathes* and he's always late for work etc. etc.

So i always clear up after him and it gets me no where. But that doesnt mean i scream at him or commit any other act of violence or anything, but i just hint to him now and again. For example, I clear up on a sunday, then i come home on monday after school and it's a mess, so i say " Did you see i cleared up the other day?" and that usually puts him in an awkward position. And a one point made him buy me chocolate! :)

Anyway, What i would do is either just slowly talk (or hint) him into showering, clearing up, and all that other stuff. Another thing i did was put a notice board on the wall showing him what i did today and what he needs to do. That works exceptionally well. Although take it off when you have friends over or you'll look wierd.

Or, you could kick him out completely, and before shutting the door on him say...

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Mua ha ha!

"My last resort is to tell the RA about the rum in his fridge, since we live in a dry dorm, but I'd rather work this out another way, but he's too thick headed to comprehend the words that I say to him."

Sadly, that would no doubt be your best bet.

I'm so glad that I'll probably end up rooming with one of my high school friends. =/

Edit: What worm said works as well. Take pictures.

Huh...pictures...I already have those, but they were used for an art project I did to vent my frustrations.

Also, after finding my shit unplugged, I put his PS2 under his bed, and put a note telling him to play PS2 on his own ____ing TV right by the plug. He doesn't have his own TV, hence the note.

I didn't get around to typing the letter, my V-Day date insisted we meet 3 hours earlier than planned. I'll have it printed tomorrow, attach the photos, and see what happens next.

RANT TIME:

Ok, so you all know how I left a note by the plug saying he should play on his own TV, yes? Well I came back today to find it plugged in, and he's just sitting on his computer. You can taste the hatred in this room, and I'm tempted to just shove the TV under my bed so neither of us cane use it. I left a pretty obvious note, and he doesn't care. We haven't talked, and I just gave the letter to resident life.

I'm tempted to try Koray's WD-40 idea, but I fear it would be too obvious now. Best thing to do now is just put the TV away, but he isn't leaving the room, and I want to be discrete (or is it indiscrete?) when I do it.