A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spriting Competition ~ Coconuts

SonicProject

Spriting competitions generally work very well on other communities and I was interested in trying one out here. I'm sure I'm not the only one to attempt it but that's not going to stop me. Essentially, in a spriting competition a theme or character is chosen and members of that particular community come up with a sprite. Whether it be edited or completely custom. Later the community votes on the best sprites. Not their own, of course. A single frame of animation is all that is needed. But adding animation is likely to catch more votes.

The character I've chosen to kick the idea off is Coconuts the robotic monkey (on Wikipedia) and I think a week (it would end on Feb 7th) is reasonable to allow entries. After which we all vote for the top three. In the result of a tie the top three may be adjusted to a top five depending on how close the votes really are. The top spriters will be rewarded reputation points for their efforts. What do you think? Shall we get started?

coconuts.png

Just an FYI, but edits are only accepted if they change the appearance of the original character drastically. Recolors of existing sprites and minor adjustments are not acceptable. Editing the Sonic 2 sprite of Coconuts to look more like its AOSTH counterpart might be something to look into. Though voters may factor originality into their voting decisions.

Have fun with it you all!

• Like 2

coconutsry4.gif

this contest is over, i so ____ing win

lol. I vote you for first place.

Anyways, a coconut sprite contest? Wow, there are tons of competitions going on at SFGHQ right now. Anyways, I guess I'll enter, but I bet I'll suck and come in last, since I'm no good at making custom sprites. Meh. I'll do it cause I have nothing else to do....