A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Emo!

FuzzMaster

PC0 Says: What the hell gave you the idea that it was okay to post a picture that, not only is lame, but is basically derogatory in it's nature. I'm referring to the use of the word "fag". While that may be okay on AIM, I can think of at least 4 common visitors to SFGHQ who'd be offended by your picture's use of the word, 3 of whom happen to be gay themselves. I hate to censor art, but in this case I think it's necessary since there's nothing really artistic about the way you represented the picture anyway.

What the ____ made you think this was okay to do? Sorry to say, it's not. I must insist that you either re-read the rules or GTFO, because this kinda stuff is not tolerated here, it's too controversial, I've already gotten 2 complaints over AIM about this picture of yours and I'm sick and tired of having to deal with people because you didn't spend a minute to think before you post. I'm sure you've noticed that we've been being more lax on things like swearing and what-not, but slurs towards sexual orientation or race, even if in a slightly different context, are not tolerated here, PERIOD.

You have been warned, don't do it again.

FROM THE RULES:

Any hatespeak, including the use of "gay"/"homo" slang will result in a warning/level, instantly.

If you're going to title something "Emo!" then it should at least resemble the popularized use of that term. They're right to pick at the fact that he looks nothing like an emo at all your "based" doesn't really change anything. He looks nothing like an emo. Honestly, this took you what.. 3.. 4 minutes max? It's incredibly pathetic to draw something like this about someone you don't like. That's something a five year old would probably do after he jacks some kid's crayons.

I think think it's also worth mention that neither band you listed are straight-up emo and that you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Panic! at the Disco is considered an alternative rock band which is a term that was created to describe punk rock-inspired bands that, ironically, didn't fit into the mainstream genres at the time. They themselves are a mixture of pop punk, indie rock, electronica, and dance. Fall Out Boy is no more "emo" than Blink-182 as both are pop punk bands.

Emo, nowadays (and this would be the third "wave") is nothing more than a label that tons of bands get lumped under for marketing purposes and most of the bands are not emo. Honestly, give this some thought for longer than two seconds. How can bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco honestly share the same label when they are entirely and utterly different. If I didn't say this already, it's pathetic to draw someone in an attempt to make fun of them- especially if you do it wrong.

"based on a little whiner in my art class

points for reading comprehension."

How is that any less asshole-ish that Streak's comment?

Generally, people will treat you the way you treat them. You treat Streak like less-than-dirt and then, for some reason, you're surprised when he does the same to you.

Anyway.. you could at least attempt to darken the lines and clean it up a bit.

ty for constructive critisism

You know what, I dont even need to describe any constructive criticism, since all this is, is rather an assumption of one persons attitude.

..In other words, who gives a flying ____ if he's a whiney bitch? Why draw and ____ing upload it and expect praise? We all dont hate emos like you sir, in fact, some of us have "emo" friends. And just to clarify, emo is just slang for somebody who seems depressed.

Bleh, disregarding the above, said characters legs seem as if their being suspended or lifted ( espically the clothing, which is much more noticable )

A copy of what now fills the topic post:

What the hell gave you the idea that it was okay to post a picture that, not only is lame, but is basically derogatory in it's nature. I'm referring to the use of the word "fag". While that may be okay on AIM, I can think of at least 4 common visitors to SFGHQ who'd be offended by your picture's use of the word, 3 of whom happen to be gay themselves. I hate to censor art, but in this case I think it's necessary since there's nothing really artistic about the way you represented the picture anyway.

What the ____ made you think this was okay to do? Sorry to say, it's not. I must insist that you either re-read the rules or GTFO, because this kinda stuff is not tolerated here, it's too controversial, I've already gotten 2 complaints over AIM about this picture of yours and I'm sick and tired of having to deal with people because you didn't spend a minute to think before you post. I'm sure you've noticed that we've been being more lax on things like swearing and what-not, but slurs towards sexual orientation or race, even if in a slightly different context, are not tolerated here, PERIOD.

You have been warned, don't do it again.

FROM THE RULES:

Any hatespeak, including the use of "gay"/"homo" slang will result in a warning/level, instantly.

You just formed some sort of a paradoxial hypocrisy loop.

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=1348

It applies to you, too.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, nobody here is homophobic. Just because everybody here says retard doesn't mean they automatically think being retarded is a terrible thing worth calling anyone you dislike. Clue in.