A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Stomp The Yard

Zonar Games

I don't know why I'm saying this but STY is way better. It was'nt one of those cheap budget movies you see come out every once in a while.

And about Christ Brown...

He gets shot and dies by the LA train yard after the battle. How it started well the team he was apart of was in this battle competition and the rival team put in a whole lot of money for a rematch and Chris Brown's team ended up winning so the rival team met up with them starting a fight and the guy pulled out a gun and shot him.

Why do you want us to discuss bad movies? Why...

And I've seen it...I review movies for the Daily Nebraskan and when I got assigned this movie...I shuddered. It's the same crap you'd expect. It's the Mighty Ducks with dancing and people talking sh*t to each other. When will African-American cinema learn to stop recycling plots and using terrible dialogue [/no offense]? Are we supposed to take step-dancing seriously? Come on...I moaned and groaned for this one to end.

I liked it because it was different from all those other step/dance movies I seen. Movies like Step Up were pretty much done before. And here I am hating on Stomp the Yard for a month at least a month, think it was another black movie with a terrible storyline and don't forget acting. But as I watched it it was different the storyline was pretty good and so was the acting. Ok maybe the trash talking could have been toned down a little, I mean come on their in college. I guess I liked the movie even more because of Meagan Good.

Yeah I seriously hate those movies, one reason why I stick to comedy. They've been completely overdone. I wish they would take the gun violence and trash talk out of them and just make a documentary of urban dancing.

I think Rize was one, but I haven't seen the actual movie so......

Take the Lead was the best movie I've seen done like this. Why? It wasn't all about people getting dissed and actually had some substance as it was based on a true story. It had great actors in Antonio Banderas, Dante Basco, etc.

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how you all supposedly think a movie or game will be bad and the watch or buy it anyway. I'm sorry, but I take the smart approach: if the trailer is crap, the movie will probably be crap. If the movie seems like just another urban dancing movie, the movie probably is as well. From what I've seen in the trailers and what you all have admitted this movie is being advertised as another urban dance movie. Meaning that it probably is. You do realize it's possible that you "like" it because you were in the theater and figured you'd enjoy it because you already spent your money, right? I think the fact that you said some chick is a reason the movie was good pretty much proves my point. It's like "the storyline is good.. but MEAGAN GOOD, OHMAHWORD.. what was I saying? Oh yea.. movie is different than those."

Dont forget that someone always dies, and 60% of the scenes take place in back alleys. Then throw in ____loads of ebonics.

Oh, and if your reason for watching or liking a movie is because of "OMG HAWT ACTRESS" then your standards for movies are incredibly low. It'd be like someone making a thread here about that new That's So Raven game where this time you have to dress up and go on a date.

I love how every movie with a black person it has rap music and the N word said about 8 times, and a substory involving a teen couple who arent married.

Unless your talking about black movies then I agree, but not all movies with black actors are like that. Take Man on fire or John Q, those were great movies and it didn't involve none of that.

Love Don't Cost A Thing which was based off the classic novel was also a good black movie. It had Nick Cannon and Christina Millian as the main characters besides a few more known stars like Steve Harvey for example. LDCAT did'nt have any of that. It was a romantic comedy I would say.

This is how I see Stomp the yard:

" Yo nigga sup? "

" Sup? "

" Nigga u see dem nigga's dancn? "

" I know nigga that ____s mad stupid, whats that ____ called? "

" Dawg, dont you know ____? thats ____ing stompin the yad' "

" For real nigga? Dawg, where u from dawg? "

" Yo Moms "

" Dawg U got serveddddd "

" Nigga shut the ____ up "

Roll the promos.