A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Its the iPhone

Blues

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you watch the keynote? The thing is simply amazing. Its amazingly intuitive and has done away with all the problems that I hate about my smartphones in the past.

You guys complain about the price but look at it this way, I have a 60GB 5th Gen iPod that cost me like $350 brand new, and a top of the line (When I bought it, TyTn is out now) smartphone that was $400. That's $750 dollars people.

The iPhone is 599 for an 8GB model, not bad. And it's a beautifully seamless integration of phone, iPod, and web browser.

There is currently no phone on the market that can compete with this phone in looks, functionality, features, or ability.

To scroll, you just run your finger down the phone, you can enlarge and shrink pictures by pulling apart/together your fingers, you can scroll through albums and pages like a book by just running your finger across the face real quick, the accelerometer knows when you want to be in portrait or landscape.

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/

Watch the iPhone section of the keynote so you can get the full grasp of what this can do.

I only use my phone to call my parents and most of my phone conversations are uber short. The long ones are done on the weekends and after seven.. when the calls are free. I'd totally use the MP3 feature.. but again if that's going to be the main usage I can get a $70 2GB USB player. That's hundreds of dollars less.

I should also state that I am buying an AppleTV. I'm not rich I just now how to divvy up my paychecks.

The AppleTV is a waste of money... Use a video out from your computer and reap the same benefits.

Meh, this just seems like an iPod on steroids. I happen to hate iPods due to the fact that I wasn't able to get songs on it without iTunes, ew, and the fact that it doesn't use any worthwhile file formats.

But whatever, the concept of a all in one gadget is somewhat attractive. I can see this as a superior alternative to many other products.

It's a box which purpose is to stream music and stuffs from your desktop to your TV from I-tunes.

I mean, hell, just buy a 360 if you really can't get a TV to computer routing situation set up. You'd get way more bang for your buck even if it is from Microswipe.

meh some of you guys have this stupid "ZOMG CORPERATIONZ!" attitude about things....

Honestly apple TV sounds pretty badass, but I've got my 360 for stuff like that already so I don't need it.

Though I'm actually working on getting my cingular bills squared off and getting a contract removed so I can totally be ready to scoop up that phone come June :D. That is such a pimpin phone, google maps capabilities, web browser, mp3's...wow it's a technophiles dream.