A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Video Hilarity Hour!

One thing I've enjoyed in the Sonic community is their ability to make fun of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise itself. There's tons of hilarious videos made by fans everywhere that parody the blue hedgehog's adventures and his friends. I've made this topic to celebrate those videos, so we can laugh and discuss and all that jazz.

HOWEVER, WE ARE AVOIDING POST-AND-RUN SCENARIOS HERE, SO HERE'S THE RULES EVERYBODY:

1. You must post a video. To embed videos, hit the SpecialBBCode button (it's two buttons above the Underline button) then select media and paste the video URL into the URL box, then hit OK.
  2. You must discuss the person who made the video. Did they make other Sonic/SEGA videos that you know? If so, how are they with making Sonic videos? Do they animate videos, edit clips, etc.? If you don't know the videomaker well, are you interested to see what else they made?
  3. YOU MUST COMMENT ON THE VIDEO AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF IT. This is MANDATORY. Discuss in short what's going on (you don't have to spoil the punchline), and what you liked in the video. Is there anything you'd like to see different? What's you favorite moment in the video?

REMEMBER: IF YOU JUST POST A VIDEO, IT WILL BE ASKED TO BE TAKEN DOWN.

We're here to celebrate the hilarity of Sonic, and recognize some awesome videos out there. So remember the rules and have fun!

• Like 1

I'll start us off with this popular video I found on Sonic Stadium.

This is Sonic Lost Word's Parkour Engine by MarkandFlops. MarkandFlops has made other Sonic animations as well, and he's known for his cartoony approach on his Sonic and MLP animations. Loads of exaggerated and hilarious expressions here folks. He's also done the opening animation for The Sonic Show.

The video features Sonic, Tails and Eggman testing out the new parkour engine on Lost World. Hilarity ensues.

I really like MarkandFlops's animations. While there not the most beautifully artistic videos of Sonic you'll find, they make up for it in how hilarious they are, which wins me over any day.

• Like 1

The first video is called "19 Years and Counting - A Sonic the Hedgehog Q&A". The second video is called

"21 Years and Counting - A Sonic the Hedgehog Q&A - Part 2". The videos were made by Juan Ortiz (SomecallmeJohnny

on Youtube). His youtube name is literal. People do call him Johnny.

He is an animations major who also does animations for Chimneyswift11. Most of his videos consist of him reviewing

games.

The videos is about Johnny interviewing the Blue Blur and his friends.

Johnny is a very good and kinda overlooked youtuber. I love whatever he creates whether it's his animations or his reviews.

These 2 videos are no exception.

• Like 2

The first video is called "19 Years and Counting - A Sonic the Hedgehog Q&A". The second video is called

"21 Years and Counting - A Sonic the Hedgehog Q&A - Part 2". The videos were made by Juan Ortiz (SomecallmeJohnny

on Youtube). His youtube name is literal. People do call him Johnny.

He is an animations major who also does animations for Chimneyswift11. Most of his videos consist of him reviewing

games.

The videos is about Johnny interviewing the Blue Blur and his friends.

Johnny is a very good and kinda overlooked youtuber. I love whatever he creates whether it's his animations or his reviews.

These 2 videos are no exception.

Somecallmejohnny's video's are awesome! He makes some spectacular reviews even outside of Sonic games, not to mention he's a pretty good animator. :)

• 3 months later...