A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Curiosity killed Santa.

Aerosol

I like a mlot of christmas songs, but I never know their names. I like that one..."Silver Bells". I saw a Christmas Carol performed once and there was a awesome rendition of it. "A few of my favorite things" is another one. Then there's another song that's kinda medivel (sp? I'm stupid) sounding. It's sometimes not played during christmas, but I do hear it most this time of year.

Living in the town where Jingle Bells was written, and the record for most people singing it together, I'm sick of that one. And anything from some christmas special is annoying too (never liked rudolph or frosty, and if I hear Alvin and the Chipmunks one more time I'm going to punch someone in the theigh.)

Oh, and I know they're not carols, but one year my mom forced us toi see the Rockettes (every christmas she drags us somewhere, I sleep, then wake up at the worst part and pray for a christmas miracle.) There's a ____ing song called "Santa's Gonna Rock." 3 Major issues:

The song is NOT rock. It's a ____ing showtune.

It's a BAD showtune.

Throughout the song, Santa does a DISCO pose (you know the one. Pointing the finger up and to the right.) That's three different genres mixed together into one ____tastic dance number.

Carol of the Bells, and... Greensleeves! ( If you don't know what Greensleeves is, go limewire\torrent\etc it now >( )

Don't forget the Nutcracker Suite.

--

As for hated... Silent Night is probably the worst one I can think of, partially because people praise it like it's a great song and partially because it sucks. :(

Also, Jingle Bells...

Carol of the Bells. that song has been my absolute favorite since I was really young. something about it makes it seem incredibly over-the-top and almost scary at some points. this is especially true for the original lyrical version, which was insane near the end of it. it would cut off sharply from the high note, then delve down to a low pitch for the final line of "Christmas is here" in such an eerie way that it almost makes you shiver.

Why do people associate Greensleeves with Christmas? It has nothing to do with it.

I hate almost all Christmas music, unless I'm with friends which makes them more fun.

This would be why:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Child_Is_This

I think it might be transposed though... I know there is 2 versions of the song... 1 in A minor which sounds ick and 1 in Eb (minor?). I'm guess because the Eb one sounds more musical that the A minor one belongs to the carol.

This would be why:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Child_Is_This

I think it might be transposed though... I know there is 2 versions of the song... 1 in A minor which sounds ick and 1 in Eb (minor?). I'm guess because the Eb one sounds more musical that the A minor one belongs to the carol.

What child is this should never be confused with Greensleeves... as WCiT is but a lryical afterthought to Greensleeves.

I'd add more, but typing on the Wii is raw murder!