A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kingdom hearts tidbits, tis for you scatta!

shadowgoten

How is it better, though? For one, it's perfectly centered on the box. If you divide it up by the rule of thirds Sora's head would fall in the center box. It's not really all that interesting, they took artwork and made it opaque and shoved it over some sort of texture. It just looks incredibly boring because it's so uniform and centered. I mean.. if the KH2 boxart was on a poster, I'd be more thrilled as it has the main characters and the logo and all that jazz. As far as the case though... ::shrug::

Opinions, I suppose. I don't remember what the KHFM box art looked like.. I don't have any of the games. :P

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say KH2FM had better art. I rather dislike it compared to KH2, KH, and KHFM. But you said KH2's didn't compare to the original's, in which case I would have to wholeheartedly disagree.

EDIT: Final Mix art:

http://c-uncut.com/media/kh-final-mix.jpg

This would be my preffered KH2FM+ art:

http://c-uncut.com/media/kh2-misc05.jpg

The KHII boxart was better than KH1.

KH2 FM is done by a different artist, methinks. I can definately tell that something isn't quite right.

KHFM had the best box art, if I remember correctly.

Looking at Nomura's latest stuffs, it seems like his style is totally changing. :E

And yes. The KH:FM art was awesome.

Also, Scatta:

http://www.gkworld.com/c=c7Sd0CfZAfxWCJZOOJRUkxDL5/product/GKW14757

...Get it.

PG: But.. I never said you did think the KH2: Final Mix art was better? In fact, I didn't mention that game anywhere in my second post. As far as that render, that would be my preferred as well, actually. It doesn't give me that same overly centered feeling and it has a background that doesn't just seem like someone took a few drawings, messed around with their opacity and stuck them over a textured-looking layer. I totally prefer that image over the KH boxart though.. even if Mickey does look stupid for having such a blank expression (near the eye anyway).

AngryWalrus: Not sure I've seen much of Nomura's art lately.

Walrus, I'm sure that's more or less simply wanting to change stuff up. He's involved with multiple projects all at the same time and I'm guessing he doesn't want all of these projects to end up looking the same. Afterall, if he's doing artwork for FFXIII, FFVerXIII, It's a Wonderful World, and KH3 all we're going to be seeing for quite some time is artwork and when it comes time to promote we'll see.. more artwork and then when it's released we'll see more artwork. And they'll all have the same exact stlye by the same exact artist. Probably just wants to mix things up a bit.

Well.. I would think it would be. The only forseeable difference is that it'd be in 3D. Everyone who hated the card-based battle system will still hate it and there's really not that much I can see them doing about that unless they completely take out the card-based system.. which I thought they were going to do. So yea, it'd sorta be difficult to pull them in.

Well.. I would think it would be. The only forseeable difference is that it'd be in 3D. Everyone who hated the card-based battle system will still hate it and there's really not that much I can see them doing about that unless they completely take out the card-based system.. which I thought they were going to do. So yea, it'd sorta be difficult to pull them in.

As long as they make it so that heartless appear on the map instead of a "random encounter"-esque approach, it'll be a hundred times better already. :(

. . . What? In Chain of Memories the heartless did appear on the map. When you came into contact with them you were taken to the battlefield. I don't see where you're getting "random encounter" from that's more along the lines of the way you can never tell where Pokemon are. >.>

. . . What? In Chain of Memories the heartless did appear on the map. When you came into contact with them you were taken to the battlefield. I don't see where you're getting "random encounter" from that's more along the lines of the way you can never tell where Pokemon are. >.>

Yeh that's what I meant. I know it's not actually random encounter, (hence "random encounter"-esque), but I mean so that you actually battle heartless on the map, rather than being taken to the battlefield. Bad wording I know. :( Sorry.

They're keeping it like in CoM, sorry. >_>

*goes to collect them from various sites*

Hell, I'll get like every scan I see. >_>

Okay, this covers all of it.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else knew about this, but it's been up for a while:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom2fm/

New music, tons of high-quality screens, etc.

*was gonna post that*

Yep. Whoever that is calls an armored unknown a "friend."

And before anyone says anything about the new scenes not having voices: keep in mind that this video was made like, three months ago, and voices tend to come last in the list of things to do. Chances are they just didn't have them done at the time. >_>

• 1 month later...