A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Corrupted MMF 1.5 Application

TRD

I wish I did, but no, this is what happened, my computer has been acting strange lately, slow speed, screen lines, etc. so I knew I had a virus, so I did a scan and I was right, I found at least 5 viruses, one of them in my Blade application, I had the choice to remove the virus so I'd click remove, after that, the application won't open, says it's corrupted! Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Like a virus clean? If so, it might have wiped out part of its code to remove it. If that's the case, it's sad to say but there's probably nothing you can do.

Even though it didn't happen with a virus, it reminds me of something I made a while back. I had just finished it completely and added some final changes and when I saved it caused an error. So I was like "ok, let me try again." I went back and guess what? It was gone, completely. MMFX somehow completely wiped the game off my harddrive and I couldn't recover it. Sucked, hard. Good part was that I ended up remaking it even better than before. =P

Anyways, sorry that happened. Wish there was something I could do. =/

Either A: the scan was wrong, and in removing what it thought was a virus, corrupted your game, or B: a virus attached itself to some vital part of it, and in removing the virus, you remove the required data bound to the virus to open the file.

[edit]Wow, I'm 5 seconds late...

This sucks giant ones, straight-up, well I'll definitely learned from this, always make a back-up for vital files, especially my projects. sigh....looks like the Blade game is ruined, I'm not even gonna try to remake it, all that work GONE!

Sigh.....Anyways thank you guys for your help, I'm gonna go ahead and delete the whole application since it's completely @#$%ed, after that, I'm putting all my projects in Back-up.

Thank you Larkss and Null1024 for trying to help, if there's anyone who might have a solution to this, please post. Other than that, the project is lost.

Man I missed alot, no offense taken, and I'm not racing or anything, I love to chat, even though this is not a chat site, sorry if you guys are upset about it though,

Anyways, USC, I tried to access it many times in different ways, no luck, I deleted it anyway. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'm done now.

Dude, DW, at his current pace, TRD can out-post you in the next 1 1/2 months. See graph:

[qimg]http://hotmath.com/images/gt/lessons/genericalg1/exponential_graph2.gif[/qimg]

KEY

Blue=TRD

Red=DW

--------------------

THIS POST IS HAUNTED!!

666th post.

[qimg]http://hem.mac.se/niklasbrunberg/graphics/fullsized/ghost.png[/qimg]

oms.png

Your logic is flawed!