A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Web Comic promo

Pheonix Gamma

So back in 8th grade, I started this little comic called "The Greg Melo Show" during Science class. It was just a little joke my friends and I made, but they egged me on to make 5 more. Then 5 became 10. Then 10 became 100. Then 100 became 200. Then I too much ____ to do. (The 200th one was actually a graphic essay I did for english class describing my 4 years of high school.)

So I saw Gabe's video of how he inked a Boba Fett drawing he did, and since I wanted to become more adept to the tablet, I tried it out, and did a little sketch of the cast of my comic. Then I started to wonder why I never kept going, so I decided it would be neat to put it online so my friends (who are all off doing their own things now) could read it and have a good laugh.

So enough of me blabbering, here're the links:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42340468/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42340752/<--same image, but without the text and crap

This was really my second attempt at Photoshop, so I'm not quite there yet, but critique it anyways.

Uh, the clouds were just kinda thrown in. When I drew that, I was thinking of the Rikku FFX2 art, cause I really liked it. Plus, remember, this was my second time using photoshop, so I just sorta went about the clouds however I pleased (fiddled with brush opacity, then lightly smudged it. Fun fact: I accidentally typed "poop" instead of "opacity" just there.)

There aren't many plans to use clouds in GMS...hell, the first 100 issues barely used backgrounds at all. Now I have to make it all, ya know, not boring.

The lineart itself took the most time. I still haven't gotten used to drawing precisely on the tablet just yet (I sketched it in pencil, scanned, and went over it with the brush, since my micron pens are running low)

How did you manage that? XD

Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to it.

Well I hit the P (which is next to the O), then meant to hit Backspace, but I guess I missed, but by the time I realized it, I hit O already, then I thought "I'll type 'popacity' and go back and delete the first P", except by THAT time, I had hit OP again, resulting in "poop"

Or something like that.