A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Safe For Work

SupaChao

Well, my schools internet network has been getting tweaked recently, as they banned many, many more sites.

Prior to this, we used a site called www.safeforwork.net that would let us goto all the blocked pages.

Just recently the admin's found out about safeforwork and blocked it.

As a result, they also went hunting, and blocked many other CGI Proxy services.

However, I found one https://www.vtunnel.com

Vtunnel is a very slow, unreliable service though.

So I'm requesting help in finding a CGI Proxy service that will allow me to browse sites that have been blocked. Anything like safeforwork.com with a reasonable speed is fine.

Having trouble finding any myself.

Thats the thing dude; my buisness course classroom, is outdated. By which I mean, it belongs back in 1998. We have windows 98, can't support external drives.

I store Opera on my archos, but I can't boot the drive on the pc's because their so damn old.

So thats technically out of the picture. I will try foxyproxy though.

I know who owns vTunnel. He is buying up crazy servers to create a real proxy that lets you have your own unique IP and tunnels your traffic through all of his servers. He wants a /24 or something.. hundreds of IPs. But it's going to take a while to find a datacenter who will give him a whole class of IPs without justification for each IP (as ARIN wants).

Download Tor if you can.

I'll be using SafeForWork.net and KProxy.com at my school from now on. I'm technology editor on my school's newspaper staff. I mainly write about things like games and the like. And yet.. I can't access any gaming websites. And when I get home I work on art, homework, college stuff, and actually play games. So like.. the hell with research. Lawl.

-Offtopic-

Koray: Dude your post says like.. you posted at 10:33.. but you're away message says you've been playing a game forever. When are we going to play Halo: Capture the Flag? And yes.. I am stalking/keeping tabs on you. xD

Ohnoes, DW.

I'm assuming most of these should work, because they wouldn't know about them. Seeing as the entire student body relies on one to two students to find a new proxy server when the current gets banned.

Ok, shocking, first time I've checked rofflecakes, and it was already banned, prior to this. Seeing as no one has ever used it, I was pretty impressed.

Currently stopped using vtunnel due to its hidious layout update. Looks like ass. =/