A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

An Updated 3-D SONIC MODEL

TRD

It's much better though, I can say that.

Comments and suggestions! I'd make the palms kinda fatter instead of an even width through out and maybe make the fingers a bit relaxed. Also, Sonic doesn't have a chin. O.o Next, make the pupils' height longer but the width the same so it'll look like a stretched oval, but not too much. Continuing, don't make the edges of the eyes curve inward. They should curve outward for a smooth, circlish shape all around. Finally, make the spikes ( or the true name, spines ) shorter in length ( 2/3 as long ) and don't make them curve so extremely. In fact, the spikes should probably only curve to a point where the end is looking 22.5 degrees downward. ( Yours is like 255 degrees which is bad simply being beyond 180 which is looking straight down )

Once you do all that, Sonic should look much, much better. Really nice improvement btw. You're getting much better. =)

Edit: More comments and suggestions. The arms and legs should be slightly fatter. ( I mean slightly! ) The spikes should have pointy ends and not so dull. Sonic has 2 spikes beneath the top three. ( one left and one right ) He also has 2 mini-spikes coming from his back. Last thing is to actually give Sonic a tail. I think that's all I can spot.

Hey. Don't say that just yet. First, you are using Blender... which isn't a prime tool to learn on. Second, you've been doing this a very short time. This is an art that takes a good while to learn. Third, you are still modeling the kiddy-way, with mostly primitives and little use of the more powerful modeling tools, so its only natural that its not that great.

But for now, I'll tell you one thing. Stop trying to model Sonic and go do yourself some friggen tutorials.

I gave that essay of comments not to demotivate you, but instead of saying "omg, kinda likey, but keep trying", I gave you a list of things to improve on that could make the model look better. Like I said before, it's much better which is a great improvement within a day or so.

Nah, it wasn't you or anybody else, it's basically a pain in the *** to bend and make each part of sonic and it won't come out perfect I know that much.

But I'd thought about it and I wont give up. But I'll continue on it in the distant future.

How old are you? have you ever see a real sonic model?

Sonic really don't look to this.. thing...

Honestly, 3D modeling is a lot harder than it seems. He possibly could have looked at a Sonic model and still got the same result. When I look at it, I can see it's admitably not perfect, but I also see a lot of effort, and you gotta give him credit for that.

Model somthing easier before jumping into living things.

Who's to say he didn't? =o

;.; please don't give up. Even though the model is complete and utter ____ [ I won't lie ] I see alot of potential in you. The only thing I'd tell you to do is like... not use Milkshape... or whatever low budget thing you're using. Try and cop one of the big dawgs [ GET 3DSMAX, K? ]. There are alot of tutorials on modeling. To get started, I think you should do some basic crap. 3D is a pretty hard thing to grasp for a few months. Also... Taking drawings and modeling them... You should get used to that. It's f-ing fun to see something you've drawn come into depth.

How old are you? have you ever see a real sonic model?

Sonic really don't look to this.. thing...

I'm 19 years old. And sonic is my life. I looked at sonic directly when designing him but like Larkss said, 3-D is hard and yet the big gaming companies like sonic team make it look so easy.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

I'm actually about to head to college for computer technology and graphic's designing. I'll improve my skills there and then give it another try.

(QUE THE ROCKY MONTAGE MUSIC)

"I'm actually about to head to college for computer technology and graphic's designing. I'll improve my skills there and then give it another try."

I wouldn't suggest that. I'd suggest going on ahead and modeling simple things, using tutorials and the like. That way at least you can say you have some working knowledge of a program. For instance, I'm telling colleges that I work with Maya. I'm not going to tell them that I find Maya to be incredibly annoying at times (all I've ever modeled in there is a screwdriver and some gears that I couldn't render correctly). However, they don't really need to know that.

I'm not going to lie, you need work man. However, it may not be as hard as you think. I'm not going to say I'm an awesome modeler, but since I started about September of last year I've come a damned long way through the use of tutorials. If you're using Blender I can even show you a few of the tutorials I used although, as much as I hate to admit it, you need a different program. Blender 3D wasn't truely that hard for me to learn, but making the switch from Blender 3D to say.. Maya or 3DS Max is the biggest pain in the batootay ever.

Oh, I was planning on going to college anyway long before I started the sonic model. I'm really interested in computer technology.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

^---To Scatta---^

Lol!

Sorry man i don't want to offense you ^^

You jsut don't have this feeling that have the good 3d modeler.. (i have it, but i can ony use it with valve hammer editor.. i sucks with the other programs..)

;)

Yeah anim8or is no picnic neither.

I'll get better on it with time.

oh and by the way, nice 3-D engine!

I'm currently using right now for a future game.

You must be some kind of genius to figure all that stuff out.

E-heh, it looks like a hook-handed serial killer. :P

If I were you, I'd make him shorter and fatten him up a bit, is all. But yeah, like Warped said, 3D modelling is hard to get into. you really need to use tutorials first.

Yaeh I should of put more points on his hand and pulled them out to make joints.