A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Stuff Likely to End up in Portfolio

Aaron C-T

Adidas All Odd Sketch

.::Clean::.

Untitled- A Car in a Tunnel

Vectorman: Don't Turn Back

A Smoke and a Coke

Gangster Spongebob

Keeper Eye Texture

Keeper Head Model - WIP

I Feel So.. "Blah"

How's it so far, basically? When I went to SCAD to see the portfolio counselor lady, the only pieces I had were .::Clean::., A Smoke and a Coke, Vectorman: Don't Turn Back, Untitled- A Car in a Tunnel, and Flower -Test- (it's a WIP that may never be finished). She said that what I brought there was good, but I needed more 2D artwork which is what I've been trying to do with things like the eye texture. Granted it's 3D-related, but the texture itself is all 2D. Just wondering if it's varied enough so far, and what you think of everything at this point.

That spongebob one is quiet the frightening thing. I really like the vectorman piece, as usual. All the work is very impressive, Scatta. In my honest opening, the eye texture seemed a little off, but nothing that wouldn't be fixed with overall practise, because it is very well done.

Great work Scatta.

Yea, the eye texture could use some improvement. It's the first one I've done though, so I figured I might as well throw it in. That and, if I don't manage to create 20 seperate pieces in the upcoming month(s) I'll need this texture to fill a slot.

Also, I just made this piece about 10 minutes ago. I was trying to draw something and got frustrated. Drew an eye, and after tons and tons of smudging and random sketching I had some wierd thing sitting in front of me. So of course I just had to paint the thing.

I Feel So.. "Blah"

• 2 weeks later...

Keeper: the Portal Guards

Description:

To save you from reading all that crap on my DevArt I'll tell you what it is now. It's the final rendering of the Keeper Head Model from the first page. It's a creature concept for a story I was going to/am going to write.. I just haven't started yet because I've been busy/lazy recently. They're supposed to keep the protagonist and gang from using the portals to transfer between realms. Protagonist and gang (Guardians) must do so in order to stop Alavar from taking over the realm using the powers of Darkness. Cliche-ish and the like. So yea.. I lit the scene so that it'd be sorta like a "dusk" setting since this thing is a creature of "Darkness."

Why it will be in portfolio:

I figured this was a way to show that I can somewhat texture using a program such as Photoshop Elements. It also pretty much goes with what I said in my essay which was along the lines of "I hate how every other animation involves bright, happy animals who go on zany adventures.. what about the teens and adults?" This is in no way bright, it's the total opposite of that. It's also a tad bit stylized, which I suppose doesn't hurt. Most of all though, this is different. I try to make all my stuff very different so that my portfolio will be varied, it's fairly obvious that I like dark stuff (this piece, Untitled.., Vectorman..) but I've also got A Coke and a Smoke in there which is tons brighter. So.. is this a decent addition? Why/why not?

And how do you like the piece itself?