A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New thundercats cartoon...

shadowgoten

And it's going straight down the ____ter even before the damn thing is out:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24232

WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series.

The animation style is whimsical, Americanized-anime, along the lines of Teen Titans.

The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA)

The Thundercats are all teenagers.

Their leader is Snarf (!) who is now a mystic with a "third" eye.

Each of the Thundercats has a weapon with an "Eye of Thunderra" and transformative powers (not just Lion-O)

When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band. That's not a typo, or a joke. They are rockin' cats in their present form.

Mum-Ra now has wings.

And I bet he laughs a bit more than he used to =P

Developing...

Yea I for one am sickened by all these gross revisitings of early childhood cartoons.

Real men watch Pirates of Darkwater.

F*CK YEAH, WE DO! xD

Actually, I watch neither. They're just too old for me. But WB taking over?

... DO NOT WANT...

EDIT: You should see the rest of their new line up... younger justice league, new tom & jerry, new scooby doo... *shudders*

Good thing no-one's complaining about the Americanime style because God knows the original series was animated by the Japanese. Hey yeah, let's just sort of return the favour. Here, we'll shoot ourselves in the foot, you edit the photo and overlay more octopi on it.

everyone who is complaining about their childhood memories being dashed are acting like old men. Jeez, they have a BUSINESS to run. It's so much easier to just adapt an oldy for a new audience than creating something entirely knew. They don't give a ____ about people who remember the old cartoon because they aren't the people they are trying to get to watch it!

If businesses have a right to do whatever they want with old franchises, then old fans have a right to complain and insult them. Seems kind of fair to me.

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of the old series, but the rock band seems comical in a bad way. Neither original nor safe. Kids must like the idea or something.

Well the rock band thing is obvious, that way they can spend less time with story and MORE TIME ON ____ING MUSIC and to quote Strongbad "THAT BLUDGEONS YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH THE SHOW'S PREMISE" You know, its a way to make less show!

I would assume that by making all of their characters into teenagers they are marketing it to teenagers, which I am one of. Therefore I can whine about it all I want.

not necessarily. depends on the whole "aura" of the show. The old TMNT show had teenage turtles, but kids watched it. The new TMNT show also has teenage turtles, but it's aimed much less at kids.