A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon thread

Lhancat

I'd recommed starting with HeartGold/SoulSilver, since it's a remake of an old game, but also up to date with the battle mechanics such as the psychical/special split introduced in Diamond and Pearl. Plus you might like the little extras in it, such as the PokeAthlon, Battle Frontier, and the shiny leaves side quest.

From there, go with Black/White and their sequels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours have been floating around for Sableye to receive an evolution for a while now. At any rate, the lists are identical, the second one giving names to the Pokemon being the major difference. A new Houndoom evo (Although the name could have been a little more inspired, I mean, come on...Houndoomed?) and Heracross pre-evo are cool factors, but when weighed against the sheer volume of horrendous names, and the prospect of having a trash can, a dumpster, and a toilet as Pokemon? No, that just doesn't cut it. I'm also remaining skeptical, and sincerely hope that these lists are false.

...It says Persian is getting a evo. YOU MEAN ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CATS EVER IS GETTING STRONGER? OH GOD, PLEASE BE TRUE.

*ahem* In the off chance Persian does get an evolved form, I just hope it's worth it. Persian can already hold it's own pretty well in battle, it's Purugly and Liepard that need it desperately.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore Pokemon series. I own Ruby (my first Pokemon game!), FireRed, SoulSilver, Diamond and both White 1 and 2. I also played original games on emulator back in the day but I never cleared them.

Sadly I won't be getting X/Y as I hardly play on my DS and buying 3DS just for Pokemon games would be wasting my money :(

I really like all of the Pokemon games, but Generation 5 with BW and BW2 just nailed it. I really liked a lot of the trainer designs, along with those for many Pokemon themselves as well. I think XY are going to be pretty good, too. 'Tis a shame I don't have money for a 3DS. As for my favorite Pokemon, I can't resist Dragon-types. Legendary ones in particular, such as Lugia, Rayquaza, Dialga, Kyurem, and (possibly if it's a dragon) Yveltal. My favorite non-legendary would probably be Hydreigon(surprise!) or Magnezone(who's really grown on me because of Colress). Smeargle is really cute, too.

I do agree there are just as many badly-designed Pokemon, though. I almost puked the first time I saw Garbodor. :/