A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon thread

Lhancat

I just got Y today!!!! But here's a funny story on how over rated Y is.

I go to fred meyers and I look at shelf behind the glass and its NOTHING but Pokemon X. So I ask where pokemon Y was and the person took me to the chashier place and behind was a stack of Pokemon Y with a stack of X by it. Then someone said "This kid is getting Pokemon too" meaning that its selling like crazy. So much that they don't even bother refilling the case with Y, just keeping it in the open to make it easier to grab XD

Damn Shadon, Y is overrated there, I expected everywhere the games will run out on stock.

Got my game as well and im loving it so far. I just NEED ONE MORE Pokemon and ill have a complete team! (Even though I still dont have my 2nd Gym badge) And I DID NOT KNOW there's wild Eevee's. I was shocked when I saw Eevee appear on my screen. Luckily I caught him and didn't faint. 

When reading a review, it seems Nintendo wants your team to be balanced. From what I hear, the first forest has the 3 monkeys so you can get the 3 main elements right away, and mid point you can choose a gen 1 starter like charzard.

This does worry me a bit, I hardly focused on balance in this game. That's because if your enemy summons a water type while you got a fire type, then switching out, your Pokemon will loose damage so its like a free hit. I'm use to just overpowering my starter and devastating like that till I get legendarys.

And how did I keep my other team leveler up? By catching higher levels on the game to replace the lower levels :/ I'm a terrible Pokemon trainer XD

And to be fair, I did go to Fred Meyers a bit early in the morning and considering the stacks, they were selling like crazy even before I got there.

Now I got my 6th Pokemon and now my team is ready for some sh-t.

I don't bother catching those monkeys because they didn't give me any use after the 1st gym in Black n White(Emulator during the time) after that I gave up on the monkey.

The game is going great so far and i'm watching the BSC PkMn Y livestream video as well. Today's a good day.

• Like 1

I'm rolling through X with a pretty unbalanced team, which is really unusual for me but I just really gotta use these guys.

Fletchinder Lv. 23

Skiddo Lv. 19

Charmeleon Lv. 24

Combusken Lv. 25 

Frogadier Lv. 24

Pancham Lv. 18

Very happy to finally have the panda Pokemon I've wanted since I was a kid haha. I've played this for 7 hours and 33 minutes now and still only have one badge. I don't feel like I'm dawdling either so this is interesting. When I play through Y I'm totally only using one starter and focusing more on team balance. But man these games are so good so far.

Nintendo did a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD thing with this. 
Sadly I only have 1 3DS friend and he isn't even on. I need friends on this thing because I feel like a loner without at least 5 friends. 

My team seem to be equally balanced in level experience around 26 or so. 
And I just got my Torchic but I have no use for it since I have a Charmeleon and my Chespin will already be a Fighting type. 

Next week I'm walking to gamestop with black just to get that shiny level 100 giratina. Then I'll transfer it to Y. It'll be a last resort Pokemon.

You'll have to wait two months to use it, since Pokemon Bank isn't out until December. :P

Also Wonder Trade is basically gambling and I can't get enough of it

• Like 1

Up to the 6th Gym and I am loving this game so far. My team is pretty well rounded this time around, which is great. With the previous games I always transferred my team and always relied on Luxray. It's refreshing having a new team.

So far my team is:

Delphox Lv. 45

Lucario Lv. 44

Blastoise Lv. 41

Raichu Lv. 41

Malamar Lv. 40

Tyrantrum Lv. 40

I should hopefully have all 8 badges by tonight, providing I don't run into any distractions or trouble. :)

I am now up to the Elite Four. My current team:

Lucario Lv. 68

Delphox Lv. 67

Raichu Lv. 62

Malamar Lv. 62

Tyrantrum Lv. 62

Blastoise Lv. 62

Xerenas was pretty easy to catch, btw. Only took 2-3 Ultra Balls. So I'd save your Masterball unless you're desperate. I plan on trying to catch all the Legendaries without using it, to see how I go.

Might do some more grinding before I face the league so I can get my team up to scratch.

I am now up to the Elite Four. My current team:

Lucario Lv. 68

Delphox Lv. 67

Raichu Lv. 62

Malamar Lv. 62

Tyrantrum Lv. 62

Blastoise Lv. 62

Xerenas was pretty easy to catch, btw. Only took 2-3 Ultra Balls. So I'd save your Masterball unless you're desperate. I plan on trying to catch all the Legendaries without using it, to see how I go.

Might do some more grinding before I face the league so I can get my team up to scratch.

Good idea. Might wanna grind those babies to 70.

I am now done with the Elite 4 and the league. Caught Zygarde and Mewtwo. My team:

Lucario. Lv 73

Delphox Lv. 72

Tyrantrum Lv. 67

Blastoise Lv. 67

Malamar Lv. 67

Raichu Lv. 66

Zygarde put up a tough fight, it was a bitch to catch. But Mewtwo was so easy. I only ever had to use 1 Ultra Ball and he was caught.