A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon thread

Lhancat

• 3 weeks later...

I still think the games should clear up Mewtwo's game history a bit. The diary entries in the old burnt mansion say Mew gave birth, but then the Pokedex goes on to say he was created through Mew's DNA. So...which one is it?

Hopefully if this new form is also in X and Y, they will touch upon this a bit. I wouldn't mind an official word of mouth from GameFreak/Nintendo to retcon that "Mew gave birth" stuff either.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, who here prefers the classic Pokemon(anime and/or games) series?
Me personally, for anime, 
I'd say the old one because Ash was not always happy, now he's a total retard.
In games, I'd say up to Hoenn, after that, I gave up.
This is just my honest opinion.

Pokemon Crystal is my all time favorite.
Gen 1 is my favorite in the anime.
I gave up after Gen III(Anime and Games)

And yeah, was always retarded, but better then than now.
He's WAY too supportive to his Pokemon for every little thing
and that just bothers me.

• 3 months later...

Alright, since Pokemon X & Y the game and anime WITH the Pokemon: The Origin anime is are coming up, for what are you excited with the most?

For me, it has to be The Origin anime because about damn time Red gets his spotlight in the Anime besides Ash. However, Ash in the X & Y anime looks older(which is about damn freaking time) and I kinda like that, just hoping he isn't too supportive in his Pokémon and uses the advantage type Pokémon he's against. For the game, I have no idea because i'm deciding if I should get the 2DS with it. Kinda deciding here. Still excited for the Origin story though.

Personally I'm indifferent the X and Y at the moment as more things are being revealed like the Mega Forms and new pokemon typings. Yadda yadda yadda.

So I would be looking forward for Origins though I feel like a smelly fish named nostalgia will slap me in the face for doing so. But then again I really don't pay attention to the anime so it really doesn't matter to CROW.

People seem to be forgetting the Mega forms are optional though. Don't want them? Don't use them.

Fennekin's second evo is growing on me, but Espurr's male and female forms really piss me off. The blue one looks more feminine than the white one, and the latter is the one that's more of an attacker with the blue one being a supporter. God damn it GameFreak. ;A;

Kingdra was a pain to handle, nothing to can kill it(before) besides dragon type moves, but since it's Fairy type was created, it now can kill dragons... um, okay?  Surf and Ice Beam is part of my water Pokemon's moveset. So Venusaur will now be the top starter in X&Y since it has Think Fat which I find really useful. 

My Kingdra has Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Brine and Bubblebeam. Kind lame, but it works for me. Dragon Dance is really useful but at the same time you're putting yourself at risk if you're up against another Dragon type.

Brine is pretty useless, but I can't think of anything else to replace it with.

Kingdra was a pain to handle, nothing to can kill it(before) besides dragon type moves, but since it's Fairy type was created, it now can kill dragons... um, okay?  Surf and Ice Beam is part of my water Pokemon's moveset. So Venusaur will now be the top starter in X&Y since it has Think Fat which I find really useful.

Personally while Kingdra has great defensive typing, its movepool is still pretty shallow which holds it back way too much. And other Dragons have higher stats since Kingdra's stats are mostly 95 and other Dragons have more muscle. Its not terrible per say, that goes to Altaria, its just mostly middle ground with it. It can be good if you play your cards right.

And Venusaur is too overpowered at this point. It can either be pretty fast or negate one of its weaknesses. But no doubt that both Mega Venusaur and Mega Charizard are gonna be major players in the metagame.

My Kingdra has Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Brine and Bubblebeam. Kind lame, but it works for me. Dragon Dance is really useful but at the same time you're putting yourself at risk if you're up against another Dragon type.

Brine is pretty useless, but I can't think of anything else to replace it with.

Well to be honest, your not taking advantage of Dragon Dance. The added speed is indeed nice but it also gains attack. If you must teach it something either go Ice Beam or Waterfall for physical stab.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

• 2 weeks later...

I might teach it Ice Beam, thanks. Hopefully this works out. :)

So in the lead up for X/Y I'm looking for a good Poison type to train so I have an advantage against all the Fairies. Suggestions? I can't decide between Skuntank or Seviper.

What's everyone's most favourite Pokemon out of the ones revealed so far? Mine is definetly Meowstic. <3333

qojeye.png

I've been anxiously waiting for news about the Gen 6 cat ever since those "leaked rumors". I couldn't be more than happier with these two. <333

My favorite Pokemon has to be Typhlosion. But I think i'll use Absol in my team since he's my second favorite.

Edit 9/25: I heard that Fennekin was going to be Psychic right and Froakie fighting, if I had to guess, Chespin has to be Dark. Think about it. 

Grass>Water>Fire
Dark<Fighting<Psychic

So I guess the it's now a double edge sword no matter who you pick.
If this is true(which should be because it makes sense to me), then i'm still staying with the starter I chose from the beginning.

Edit 9/26: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY The Pokemon Origins English version.
Sadly it's a 4 episode special. But it's better than nothing I guess.

Edited by BlurProdOG

I don't know if anybody noticed this yet. I read up on the Pokemon Transfer tool available with Pokemon Bank, and it states that cheated Pokemon (pokemon acquired with game hacking tools.) cannot be transferred. This makes me happy because this means the GTS trolls have been cut down by 45%. Finally...

Now only if they can stop people from asking for a fucking Level 9 or Under Reshiram.