A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dirge of Cerberus

ila

Okay, so I did not plan on picking this game up at all, but sometime at about 1 am yesteray morning I realized I had a bunch of DS games I didn't play anymore as well as Kingdom Heats 2, so I figured I'd do a trade in. After purchasing Dark Cloud 2 and Klonoa 2 (Both excellent games) I got Dirge of Cerberus, and a free strategy guide too.

I'm about halfway through the game right now and so far I am pleasently surprised with Square-enix's attempts to make a shooter. I'll start with the graphics though, which are very very pretty. The game runs at a smooth framerate s well. My only gripe is the the environments get kinda bland after awhile. The controls work fairly well, I'm rather fond of the option that allows use of a USB Mouse and Keyboard instead of a control pad, although either way works fine. The weapon customization is also quite entertaining. The sound track is also quite catchy and puts you in the mood.

So far there are a few other flaws though: 1) The game doesn't give you many warnings when low on HP, and the health bar is kind of discreet. I found my self dying unexpectedly because I wasn't paying attention to my HP. 2) The storyline's origins are a bigger plothole than I initially thought Advent Children might turn out to be.

So far though, the game is good. If you're interested in Final Fantasy VII's (hopefully) final chapter then pick it up. Otherwise its probably safer to rent first.

BTW any of the usual Square bashing ranty posts will be deleted. This is for talk about the game, k?

What? There's a Final Fantasy 7 spin-off? Usually for this, I see nothing but hype all over the internet. I haven't even heard about this game.

EDIT: Just watched the GameSpot review. Yeah...what Steven M said. That game looks like it sucks to Shadow levels. If I had a PS2, I'd probably rent it to fully backup that statement.

awww you traded in KH2? ;_;

But you got Klonoa 2, so I'm not too sad.

Doubt I'll buy this. Never really liked FF7 much. Hell, the only FF I've actually beat is FF1 for GBA. I got close to beating FFX, but got stuck. Got lost in FF7 and got POed at the random battles. Lost in FF8. Stuck in FF6. Lost interest in FF3 and FF2. Traded in FF4.

Maybe after I get bored of San Andreas, I'll try this. It does look fun.

EDIT: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924449.asp

eeew....

This doesn't make any sense at all. Becuase unlike Shadow, Vincent used a gun in the original game.

Check it out guys, a spinoff game where a dark emo character uses all kinds of guns while battlling aliens and allying with characters from the previous game.

What Eraysor said.. only chances are I won't have a PS3 ever. I may not even get an X360 or Wii. College starts next year and I can't say I'll have the money to play games when I can just keep burning Dreamcast games. Hopefully I'll be able to get something, but PS3 is kind of a joke as of right now.