A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kind of old news now, but Heath Ledger is playing The Joker

duckythemutant

Yeah I wouldn't be surpraised if they tweaked around with his character like they did with Ra's al Ghul (Okay, they didn't really specify if the Ra's in the movie was a few centuries old) but I have faith in Christopher Nolan, hey a guy who says he'll never put Robin in the Batman series as long as his directing is a good director.

but...does that mean next Batman is a remake of the first movie?

The series is under going a re-boot, didn't you know? same thing is happening with the James Bond movies. The movies before Batman Begins never happened in this series of Batman movies continuity.

The series is under going a re-boot, didn't you know? same thing is happening with the James Bond movies. The movies before Batman Begins never happened in this series of Batman movies continuity.

I figured the series went like this:

Batman Begins (intro that leads to the Joker)

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

figured the same deal was going on with the new Bond movie, but I hate the new Bond, so screw that :x

Guest Shadix

I have faith that the director has some sort of clever scheme with this guy. Batman Begins was a great movie, much better than I thought it would've been and gave me a new interest in the franchise.

Batman Begin had a major problem with the device Ra's was using to evaparate all of Gothem's water supply, if that was possible, then both Ra's, his goons and Batman should have died as soon as they entered a close enough vicinity of the machine.

Meh its a comic book movie though, laws of science dont play into it.

Yeah, I'd never imagined the 1989 Batman film would work. Micheal Keaton, Bruce Wayne? What? Guy's too wimpy! Jack Nicholson... the Joker? He doesn't even look right!

And then you see them act out the parts to near perfection, especially because Jack Nicholson can be really really really really creepy in many different ways.

Aki: Erm.. over half of the movies out there don't take those things into account, and even some books don't. It doesn't have much to do with it being a comic book movie, but more to do with it being entertainment in general.

I don't know who this guy is so umm.. whatever.

"but I have faith in Christopher Nolan, hey a guy who says he'll never put Robin in the Batman series as long as his directing is a good director."

..is that necessarily a bad thing? Sounds more like an "if I add Robin there's a chance I may screw up like everyone else, so rather than do that I'll just entirely avoid it because that's 10x easier."

I know, Scatta, I was just commenting on the general aspect of comic books not following the laws of scienece so much, still I reckon something such as the common fact of how much the body composes of water has become common knowledge by now, meh prehaps I was just being a bit nit picky there.

And yes, I do think Nolan made a wise move on the matter of leaving Robin out, to my view anyway. Robin never fit in very well with the dark tone and manner of the Batman series to me, a youthful buddying sidekick is something that I feel Batman can do greatly without, but these our my views on the whole Batman series, and the fact I dislike Robin in general to so I am slightly biased too, I know bad me XD though that was a general growing hate due to me thinking he never fit in with Batman.