A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Step 1: Decide how you're going to make your game. MMF? Game Maker? C? MUGEN?

Step 2: Look up tutorials on SFGHQ and the like, check out some engines and stuff.

Step 3: Come back when you have more specific questions.

Fact is, what your asking is too broad in of itself to really give a full explanation. Too many possibilities that are totally different. Once you settle on the bare minimum, it'll be easier to help you out cause we'll know what you're going for.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll be more specific. I wanted to be broad so my concepts don't get stolen, but screw it. I might as well put all my cards on the damn table.

The game I'm wanting to make has elements from various fighting games: Street Fighter, The King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, and Marvel Super Heroes. There would be multiple game modes, an item system, a detailed tutorial for beginners, and a character roster of 14 (including bosses), each with a different playstyle.

It can be made in any of those engines, but I'd rather not explore M.U.G.E.N. just yet, as it doesn't seem quite stable enough.

I'd need a team with a programmer, a spriter (for KOF quality sprites) a stage artist and a musician for some remixes and original themes. Aside from the concepts, I'd be writing the story and dialogue for the cast.

Er, is that enough info?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the roster I have in mind:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Type: Balanced Rushdown

Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik (boss)
Type: Armor

Miles “Tails” Prower
Type: Trap/Rushdown/Armor

Amy Rose
Type: Stance/Rushdown

Knuckles the Echidna
Type: Stance/Balanced Rushdown

Vector the Crocodile
Type: Grappler/Juggler

Espio the Chameleon
Type: Rushdown/Mixup

Shadow the Hedgehog
Type: Rushdown/Zoning

Rouge the Bat
Type: Juggler/Rushdown

Blaze the Cat
Type: Rushdown

Big the Cat
Type: Grappler/Trap

Cream the Rabbit
Type: Juggler/Pet

Knuckles and Sonic would be the main characters of the story.