A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[3D Model] Tails Doll

SefirothDB

Got around to redo the ****ty ol' mesh I've had for MONTHS sitting in my hard drive. And it's not just a poly rehash, but it also has a lot of crap going on the ancient version didn't: actual rig, texturing and -get this- FUR. Yes peoples, Sef finally managed to get that fur shader working after 2 hours of "what does this button do?" trial and error session. Not only that but the fur turned out curly 'n soft instead of spikey blades :3

Comes in 2 flavors.

Here's the crappy version:

TailsDollb.jpg

Boring, amirite? Click here for the not 900x927 anymore cause I changed it awesome version. Special "cameo" included!

And now criticism plox. (Yes, I know the shader needs more work. It's my first time, deal with it :P)

To be honest it was more of an experiment. I have no foreseeable use for the model.

...and to be REAL honest, sister was leveling Marjoly to 7000 on the ps2 so I had to tide my boredom with 3DS >_> <_< It was done on 1-2 hours, kinda rushed if we compare it to my normal work. The older mesh was 200x times more crappy though XD

Well, it's supossed to look bad: original's Tails doll didn't look very well either. Maybe it's due to the fur shader wich makes it look bad/strange. Sephi, why not show us the model without shaders?

Okay. Will try to post a render tomorrow, perhaps along with variations on the shader, gotta practice until mastery. Not now, 'cuz sister is stealing my internet.

The gloves on the first one look like angry eyes to me.

XD! Awesome. Another buddy of mine said they looked like boobs.

And guys, if you think the model looks horrid, then by all means say it! But state why and what should I do to correct that. If all I wanted was "omg cool" comments I'd have directly submitted it to DA <__<