A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I have a handful of friends in Japan! (Gotta' love exchange students!)

Anyway, in all katakana, it would look like this...

フリドムプラネット

Or if you want to give it some meaning in Japanese...

フリドムのプラネット

That last one should work wonderfully! Thanks. ^_^

Uhh... I'm not sure what type of landscape this should be? Volcanic I assume?

Hey there!

Remember that special stage engine I made way back when? I got around to looking at it and I've been able to improve it substantially. (Possibly thinking about doing a stand alone game with it, and possibly calling it the MAZE -O- MATIC or something like that.)

Now it's got an image angle code that objects don't rotate if they aren't supposed to, along with an animated background like the genesis games. Oh, and it's got Tails and Knuckles with all 3 game styles for a player character, but that's not important.

ssenginetest20.png\

Will post an exe tomorrow night. I have to go to my girlfriend's house to meet here parents tomorrow. (Wish me luck...)

You weren't using image_angle before? Christ. Yeah image_angle is definitely the way to go with something like this or just rotating cameras and backgorunds but the level stays still.

Haha good luck, we've all been there you'll be fine. Tuck your shirt into your trousers.

Maybe if you tone down the shadows or the highlights (can't have both), then yes, totally. But right now looks like you've throw a bad photoshop filter over a rendered image or told Flash/Illustrator to "vetorialize" it (forgot the command name).

I think you mean "Him has been stopped."

I know xD, this is only a "fast" test. The cutscene is a small example of what i think in my fan game.

Would you guys play a game that had sprites like this:

[qimg]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/232/0/1/mecha_sonic_test_01_by_streakthunderstorm-d5bu6gg.png[/qimg]

??

Well.. i love it!.

that's literally just a filter. that or you shoved an ink & paint material over it and turned off lines.

why would you want to do this if your other sprites were already looking fine anyways? don't get so helter skelter and you'll be able to finish the project!

Honestly, I'd suggest making the model the outline for which you hand draw the sprites if you intend to do this sort of thing. that way you can use your eyes to properly structure the lighting in a way you think fits best.

like so: zCIvQ.png

"After three months without Eggman attacks,

I believe he has [finally] been stopped."

Finally, somebody corrected that! (I was going to, but then I went camping for 2 days and obviously had no phone reception.)

Cleberson, I think you should study English a little bit more... That or just take more time with these things, there's no rush, you know.

Finally, somebody corrected that! (I was going to, but then I went camping for 2 days and obviously had no phone reception.)

Cleberson, I think you should study English a little bit more... That or just take more time with these things, there's no rush, you know.

@LarkSS: Thx for the good correction XD

@TailsSena: Yes, you is correct, but.. Its only a test cutscene, who was done a hurry ((;

@TailsSena: Yes, you is correct, but.. Its only a test cutscene, who was done a hurry ((;

Study English more it is.

Let me correct the above Quote for you...

"Yes, you are correct, but... It's only a test cutscene, which was done in a hurry."

Really now, it's not that hard to do a quick Grammar check.

EDIT: I won't pretend my Grammar is always 100% perfect, since I'm human after all, so it really can't be... But some people just need to try a little bit harder, that's really all I'm trying to say.

I've been playing a few 2D sprite based games for the PlayStation. I noticed the sprites used only a few colors, while the background uses many colors or textures and ends up looking fairly detailed, even though the console still has a fairly small resolution. I wondered how a similar type shading/texturing would look on something sonic inspired.

So, this is what I came up with.

manycolorshading.png

What do you guys think?

I like it too. I'm not toning down the shader because that's the style I'm going for. I'll show you guys some sprites when they're ready.
Hey bro, your call. It will look a bit shitty under sunny backgrounds, but you do as you please. I'm telling you to tone down because I've been there with STH in his past builds, we decided to tone it down to around 2 or 3 shades per color so it would look good at any background whatsoever.