A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Alright, I'm not gonna use any copyrighted shit.

Maybe I should scrap SWLC.

And Sonic Worlds.

And that Sonic Fangaming Foru-- OH WAIT

No offense, but these are the words of a brazilian here (which I'm sure you will not respect because of your little friend Ken Balough, who said Brazil is the King Pirate but forgot FROM WHERE we learned about it). I respect what you said, Taxman, but almost nobody here can have the same luck as you had - or even the same talent you have.

I admire you, but if everybody here listened completely to what you just said, then this community would probably stop existing.

Not talking about your graphics, though. You said directly that we can't use it, so we won't.

I'll look for other ones. Maybe make my custom ones.

Alright, I'm not gonna use any copyrighted shit.

Maybe I should scrap SWLC.

And Sonic Worlds.

And that Sonic Fangaming Foru-- OH WAIT

No offense, but these are the words of a brazilian here (which I'm sure you will not respect because of your little friend Ken Balough, who said Brazil is the King Pirate but forgot FROM WHERE we learned about it). I respect what you said, Taxman, but almost nobody here can have the same luck as you had - or even the same talent you have.

I admire you, but if everybody here listened completely to what you just said, then this community would probably stop existing.

Not talking about your graphics, though. You said directly that we can't use it, so we won't.

I'll look for other ones. Maybe make my custom ones.

For fuck's sake, the man just implicitly said you can use the level, but making your own level is a better use of time. Why the scorn and sarcasm?

EDIT: Hmm, didn't realise I had only lurked so far, I'd swear I had posted before.

For fuck's sake, the man just implicitly said you can use the level, but making your own level is a better use of time. Why the scorn and sarcasm?

I just wanted to show my point of view.

Sorry if I offended anyone with sarcasm, though I explained everything in the 2nd paragraph.

Only reason I am stopping on my recreation is a sign of respect towards him, nothing more. I treat it as still technically his as it was HIS own proposal. Taking what he said after that though, he is right. Making our own things is more productive and more rewarding. I'm sure inspiration can be taken from it at the most though.

Also, on a side note. People have been asking me if I have been continuing my dessrt tiles. The answer is no and the reason is because due to my recent computer failure, I do not have any of my old source files for anything. Which means I have lost all my sheets and work before this month. I may do another one or something but my urge towards tiles is only a spare of the moment type thing. I make tiles when I feel like it and most of the time It's the result of my opening MSpaint up without any intention other than to let my imagination flow and to just keep drawing pixels/creating pallets until something resembles something other than a couple of dots on my screen.

I have to agree.

@Cstyler:

I'm wondering though, are those chunks of moon are supposed to be in the atmosphere or still in space?

Yes, those chunks are getting ready to go through the atmosphere, where they automatically will be transformed into monstrous flaming meteors.

More than that, the half-moon itself will cause big troubles: the tides gonna go crazy, so many cities will be just flooded.

Yes, those chunks are getting ready to go through the atmosphere, where they automatically will be transformed into monstrous flaming meteors.

More than that, the half-moon itself will cause big troubles: the tides gonna go crazy, so many cities will be just flooded.

I've always wondered why blowing up half the moon didn't cause the planet to descend into utter chaos. xD; And Eggman only did it as a warning shot too! Smart move, buddy.

SkySanctuaryPast.pngSkySanctuaryPresent.pngSkySanctuaryFuture.png

From left to right: Sky Sanctuary - Past (VERY EARY, WIP), Present and Future.

I apologize for the lack of content, it's just a one-day work. I still have to figure out palmtrees, flowers and whatever. (And yes, it is completely based on Generations' Sky Sanctuary)

The other two BGs you guys are used to them. It's the original Sonic 3 ones and Nite Shadow's edit.

That bad future is terrifying. Good job on all three, though.

sltest2.png

Some shield ideas for Freedom Planet. From left to right: Wood, Earth, Water, Fire, and Metal. Wood would stop you from falling into bottomless pits, Earth would reflect projectiles, Water would let you breathe underwater, Fire would make you immune to lava and flame attacks, and Metal would pull items towards you.

I tried to make the Wood icon look like a rose, but it kinda looks like a brain. xD; Not to mention, making attractive shield animations is a pain in the neck.

Really? I think they look a tad sloppy compared to my other monitors. xD; But thanks. :3

As for metal/electricity, I'm only calling it Metal so that it fits in with the Wu Xing phases (which is a traditional system of elements in China that's used in things like feng shui). If I'm not mistaken, lightning falls under their classification of Metal. I could deviate from Sonic 3 a little bit by making the Metal shield look more like a sci-fi force field, though.

@LH Brotip: On the past, make the vines smaller. Like it hasn't growned up entirely.

Also I didn't liked the "future". Looks outside of the place, while both Past and Present tends to have that genesis pixelated look while the future one is entirely photoshopped.

@Strife Nice monitors :3

@LH: You should do something different to the fountain in the Bad Future like make it bigger but falling apart and broke pieces all over.

Maybe have rotting plants coming out of a cracked up tower.

In a bad future, I don't think a fountain would pour out water.

The plant life you have looks like a jumbled and glitchy mess.

Maybe up it up a bit.

Smashing!

[qimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/LHTheHedgehog/SkySanctuaryPast.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/LHTheHedgehog/SkySanctuaryPresent.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/LHTheHedgehog/SkySanctuaryFuture.png[/qimg]

From left to right: Sky Sanctuary - Past (VERY EARY, WIP), Present and Future.

I apologize for the lack of content, it's just a one-day work. I still have to figure out palmtrees, flowers and whatever. (And yes, it is completely based on Generations' Sky Sanctuary)

The other two BGs you guys are used to them. It's the original Sonic 3 ones and Nite Shadow's edit.

The style of the far right one really doesn't match the other two. It's like having 256x256 tiles in a stage then suddenly moving onto prerendered HD art for me. I like the edit to the left one though.