A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Thanks UC. I've edited more things to make it my own rather than having a lot of things left over from the engine test. (Which is okay, I just don't like the engine's default stuff. ESPECIALLY THE CRAPPY "Cell Shaded" graphics.) I think I might add another option to turn something off, like the Spindash or something.(I know that there are people out there that complain about other people putting the Spindash in Sonic 1 because they said it makes it too easy.)

Now, I've made it so that you can go FAST. If you use the jump dash wisely, you can hit a red up spring from the side, launch yourself over a fair bit of the level, and gain a LUDICROUS amount of speed when you land. That's just with the jumpdash. With the spindash, you can also gain a ton of speed simply by charging and launching up a hill. With the spindash off, you can earn a lot more of the speed you get.

I figured that I'd port a couple of features from the old Time Attacked remake I was doing for a while, just to see how they'd work in my game. Here you can see the link feature, which is VERY buggy at the moment due to me never finishing the coding for it. (It goes up, but it never goes back down! I'm still fixing it.) EDIT: I'm probably going to take out the LINK feature anyhow. It's not really useful, and it's just a buggy part of a remake that'll never be finished. I will include some stuff from the old remake that was better off than the LINK system, but that's for another day.

linkui.png

BrushFire/UC - The grass has a fabulous Advance feel to it, but I think the dirt looks like it'd fit better with Genesis sprites. Maybe try adding a bit of noise to the dark brown dirt behind the diamonds?

Betaman - Yeah, it's probably better if you take out the Link feature, if only for the fact that its inclusion would cause the HUD to take up 1/4th of the screen. xD;

Yeah, the link system I made sucks, it's getting removed for inconvenience.

I'm waiting until I get some major stuff done with the engine before I change some of the smaller things, like Sonic himself. Trust me, the Sonic sprite will be replaced...eventually.