A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Test of 3D parallax?!?!

I'd say the test passed!

I've been testing Pinball Flippers and bumpers myself, trying to give my game those rolly-poly pinball physics that Sonic CD had. (Remember Collision Chaos?) I've imported all the bumpers from that zone and the only problem I'm having is the flippers. They won't launch me the way I want them to.

But basically, every zone is based off of a different aspect of Sonic games. Whether it's using the time travel posts like in Sonic CD, or bouncing all over the place like Sonic Spinball, this game will try to cover as much as it can.

Test of 3D parallax?!?!

I'd say the test passed!

I've been testing Pinball Flippers and bumpers myself, trying to give my game those rolly-poly pinball physics that Sonic CD had. (Remember Collision Chaos?) I've imported all the bumpers from that zone and the only problem I'm having is the flippers. They won't launch me the way I want them to.

But basically, every zone is based off of a different aspect of Sonic games. Whether it's using the time travel posts like in Sonic CD, or bouncing all over the place like Sonic Spinball, this game will try to cover as much as it can.

Since you are having problems with this, it's become quite obvious you aren't using SonicWorlds. So you are probably using Gamemaker for this? Maybe a SonicDash base?

@UC I must say, I love the Parallax Background. And whats Sonic doing there. AI partnet?

@Betaman If you're using Game Maker, I could help you, but I haven't really got that down yet (if you mean the background). If it's the tiles, I could help you with that.

I am using Game Maker. I'm using the oldest Sonic Dash Engine (The one before the Xmas gift engine)because I've found that the physics for that one the best for what I'm doing here. It's not the tiles I'm having a problem with though. It's the physics for the flipper. I DID have a problem because I forgot to separate the collision masks and I died every time I used it. But I'll save that help question for when I get developed enough for my own topic.

3D paralax at last! ^_^ Smooth work there, UC.

grassyplace.png

Disregard the Quartz Quadrant background, as it's a placeholder for now. xD;

I think I got a nice Genesis look with the grass, but the Mexican house looks too GBA-styled to my liking. I'm pretty sure that adding more contrast would do the trick, but where?

A long time ago I started remaking another Open Beats of Rage game(the one that got me into the engine in fact). The mod is called MegaSonic Original made by CybersoulX:

30bor0002.th.png72bor0005.th.png

All the original characters who were in the game are getting new sprites. The stages I may not be able to fix because I only have the GIF copies from the game itself, so I may replace them. For more info check here:

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,5820.msg80861/topicseen.html#new

X)

Thank, Hybrid. ^_^

I'm not sure where else to ask this, but does anyone know where I can grab an accurate Sega Genesis palette? (More specifically, the entire palette used by Ristar; I'm not entirely savvy with how the Genesis works underneath the covers, so I don't know if all Genesis games have the same palette.) I found a Genesis palette off-site and converted it to a 256-color bitmap, but it doesn't give 100% accurate results. (I've set the game in MMF to use only 256 colors, so there's no faking it. xD)

They shift with the RGB values in MMF2 for some reason. For example, Pink in Paint isn't the same pink in MMF2. Only thing I can suggest is to open up ristar in a Fusion or Gens emulator and just print screen the pallets you see or something. There must be ways of viewing them. Have a hunt around Retro.

Gotcha. ^^ I found a different 9-bit pallette and made the switch.

[qimg]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1521/grassyplace2.png[/qimg]

It should be barely noticeable for most people, but which one is better? The top one is the old palette, and the bottom one is the new.

The bottom one looks a little more saturated and washed out than the top one.