A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@toaster love it. I just think that the "ring with wings" (I don't know the name) looks a little bit weird.

@Azukara It looks awesome. I loved the totem. I just think that you guys needs to remake the grass textures, they looks waaaay resized and ugly.

WOW, that titlescreen looks very over shaded. The lines are also very jagged and the curved lines are a bit of a mess.

I really think you ought to practice drawing curved lines. It makes your work look less appealing when drawn poorly. I also think you need to learn a bit about shading because I can see a lot of Pillow shading on the logo. In some places it is appropriate but in other places it doesn't look as nice.

I took the liberty of giving you a small example by showing you what you can do with a simple Line tool and some practice. (Note: I did the edits on the left side) ("Also, Just for comparison sake, I put the original next to it").

Edits%20Titlescreen.PNG

Now I know you don't see much of a difference but I only did small bits to give an example of what I mean. I'm not going to redo the whole thing for you, it is just a guide.

Thanks for your constructive criticisim emersion.

I based the wing-ring upon the original Sonic 1 logo, shading and all. The Sonic sprite was taken directly from Sonic 2 with only one minor edit to put the finger on (not the title screen, but the ending). If you are displeased with the jaggedness of the finger, you must realise that is the only part of the finger animation that is not smoothed; If you want proof I can show you all the frames via PM.

And the linework actually much better; It was originally made at a larger resolution akin to full screen, only resized badly for small screen mode. It looks perfect in motion as said by testers.

I agree it looks horrible as a standalone screenshot however.

Also stupid modern sonic quills make me laugh.

Why did you treat me like an idiot at the end of the post? I obviously see a difference and I don't intend to head in that direction; I used existing Sonic 1 and 2 colors in the wing-ring and the added shading towards the sides goes against that.

Why don't you try making a Sonic title screen 100% by yourself? Or are your spriting ventures limited to smoothing out existing images, making some choppy extra linework and adding extra hair to it? I refer to both your avatar and the edited wing-ring title screen to back up this point.

It is all valid criticisim, but it is mostly circumstantial. I ask you to PM me for further elaberation on the logo.

• Like 1

Thanks for your constructive criticisim emersion.

I based the wing-ring upon the original Sonic 1 logo, shading and all. The Sonic sprite was taken directly from Sonic 2 with only one minor edit to put the finger on (not the title screen, but the ending). If you are displeased with the jaggedness of the finger, you must realise that is the only part of the finger animation that is not smoothed; If you want proof I can show you all the frames via PM.

And the linework actually much better; It was originally made at a larger resolution akin to full screen, only resized badly for small screen mode. It looks perfect in motion as said by testers.

I agree it looks horrible as a standalone screenshot however.

Also stupid modern sonic quills make me laugh.

Why did you treat me like an idiot at the end of the post? I obviously see a difference and I don't intend to head in that direction; I used existing Sonic 1 and 2 colors in the wing-ring and the added shading towards the sides goes against that.

Why don't you try making a Sonic title screen 100% by yourself? Or are your spriting ventures limited to smoothing out existing images, making some choppy extra linework and adding extra hair to it? I refer to both your avatar and the edited wing-ring title screen to back up this point.

It is all valid criticisim, but it is mostly circumstantial. I ask you to PM me for further elaberation on the logo.

Your welcome for the example and no offence was intended Toaster. Pm sounds like a good idea.

On a positive note, I really like how the level is looking.

Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting that! Another graphically stunning fan-game. My favorite part of it is the detail with the tiles being darker inside the zone. Nice touch. My only critique would be that that the blue ring could use some smoothening out if you know what I mean.

Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting that! Another graphically stunning fan-game. My favorite part of it is the detail with the tiles being darker inside the zone. Nice touch. My only critique would be that that the blue ring could use some smoothening out if you know what I mean.
The size changes size at random when moving, akin to how sprites resize on the 32X and GBA. So "smoothening" it would be impossible
  • Like 1

Digimon World Legends will definately have a demo for SAGE, though I have gone through hell to get something that's actually functional. It's not pretty (for starters, the turn order thing is buggered), and the underlying events are certainly not elegant, but it'll work, damn it, it will work, I swear to God.

BattleBetaScreen.pngBattleBetaScreen2.png

Digimon World Legends will definately have a demo for SAGE, though I have gone through hell to get something that's actually functional. It's not pretty (for starters, the turn order thing is buggered), and the underlying events are certainly not elegant, but it'll work, damn it, it will work, I swear to God.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/919275/Screenshots/BattleBetaScreen.png[/qimg][qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/919275/Screenshots/BattleBetaScreen2.png[/qimg]

Candescence, that project of yours is really shaping up nicely. Very good presentation IMO. Will this make it to SAGE this year?

HR726-1.png

I pretty like this one...

The first shot shows an example of the Blue Reticle, which I planned on beginning to work like Sonic 2006's Red Gem.

The second and third photos shows Sonic doing the Sonic Overdrive. It'll be better shown on my next video.

[qimg]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/LHTheHedgehog/PROJETO%20Images/HR726-1.png[/qimg]

I pretty like this one...

The first shot shows an example of the Blue Reticle, which I planned on beginning to work like Sonic 2006's Red Gem.

The second and third photos shows Sonic doing the Sonic Overdrive. It'll be better shown on my next video.

Is there a reason why this reminds me of SonicColours?

No, there isn't. I planned this right before it was announced, or before I knew something about it.

But Colors still seems fine for me.

Oh, my apologies. Well I like the idea you have there. I also looked at the game play video recently. Looks very smooth and slick. I am VERY fond of the sprites too, G-Blastman did an excellent job. I can't wait to see how this project is going to turn out.

@Riptor: Let me see if I can say my whole opinion through this:

THIS IS ONE OF THE GAMES I'D LOVE TO PLAY.

@Aaron C-T: I'm very glad you liked it.

@emersion: Good to see you liked it too, and nevermind about your previous comment. I like to know that it might have something related to Colors, cause I'm really betting on this new Sonic game.