A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: Reboot - DEMO Phase

Warning: Contains Many Images!

New Enemy Type

zlcz.png

Random Ring Capsule, Gives 1,5,10,15,25,50,100, or 200 rings

4b75.png

Shields Invincibility, Normal and Electric Shields Added

fr8v.png

Destructible Terrains and Such

utc3.png

Yeah, as you see. I'm laying down real level tiles now. For the first level. I still need basic, no VERY basic parallax. Because I don't want to do too much. Still need menus and stuff. What I didn't show you was my basic menu. Also not the 10 ring capsule because it seemed redundant. So yeah. Still up for menu concepts and such. I'll work on some too but you guys are probably much better than me at that stuff. Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

And thus Sonic Reboot isn't dead! But thats not what I'm showing you right now. I'm showing you  my new 3D skills!

Shadow's Rig and Stuff: drsh.png

This is in blender and thanks to the models resource, I'm now rigging some awesome models. I did this pretty quickly so it's not perfect, but I like it. Its my second rig, the first was a sonic model that was rigged... okay-ish. This I'm proud of though.

This might be a project that comes after reboot, the second game in the "reboot" series. *hint hint* guns *hint hint*

Yeah but why this belongs in the reboot topic is because it might be used to make some extra content for the game.

EDIT: I really need to stop double posting but this was a bumpdate (I'm really sorry guys, hopefully it's not too bad of a offense)

Edited by Light Hedgehog

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/99he41syqpgboxv/Sonic%20Reboot.exe

oh! Guess what's here? A semi-demo build... *sigh* Yeah. I'm sorry, there's no polish on graphics, but at least you can behold my level design! Which is practically the point.

~To the Beta testers.

Sorry I haven't got you any builds (if you're even concerned) lately, just lack of time. But don't worry you'll get some exclusive contents!

~To All:

Yeah this is for the level design (a.), and for the player control and glitch findings (b.)

Notes:

1: Debug Adds Rings

2: Debug Moon Jump

3: Debug Add Lives (No Game Over Screen, so...)

4: ???

T:Creates title card (if you haven't died)

R: Restarts

E: End Game

"SEGA" at title Super Sonic

"lives4u" at title screen 99 lives

"ringsup" at title screen 999 Rings

spacebar: Resets key input incase you type a cheat wrong.

Actual spoils in there if you like to find things out on your own.

Z: Jump (2) Homing/Jump Dash

X: On ground, while moving, summersault

C: Light Speed Attack

So yeah... And have fun and start trying to break stuff:

Edited by LightTheHedgehogInSnowZone
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update: So after SAGE I plan to have finished at least one more stage, Crimson Forest. I will indeed finish this version of the game. But I have also started the engine for the remake. Just starting it. I will finish this game. But on the Ramke I planned to use this nice Sonic 1 Remix sheet by Delta but after looking at MFZ for sprites I saw Sonic 1 is very limited. Is it a bad idea to use Sonic 1 sprites?

• 2 months later...