A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - SAGE 2014

LakeFeperd

Ah. I think it's the fact that I recognized it from Gregzilla's Top Ten Boss Fight BGM.

Here's a nitpick about the game: Can't run on water. Can't even boost on water or boost to the top of it a la' generatorz. For the map, it would be more helpful to have You Are Here in pause screen give a more accurate position. like middle of level, end, beginning. I suppose that's what signs are for.

Yeah that's definitely the music. Thanks deadtailsspritedude.

So I'm currently stuck in this game. Anyone mind lending me a hand or paw?

I'm currently at Sky Speedway Zone and chasing down Gerem who is also chasing down the Princess...I got up to the part where there are bubbles and silver Rings over some spikes, but I can't activate my spike shield for some reason. Pressing Up and S only just changes weapons, I can't activate my inventory anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Other than that great game so far...bit confusing at first but I quickly got used to it. Also the second boss was hype as fuck. Werehog boss music only just made it that much better.

So I'm currently stuck in this game. Anyone mind lending me a hand or paw?

I'm currently at Sky Speedway Zone and chasing down Gerem who is also chasing down the Princess...I got up to the part where there are bubbles and silver Rings over some spikes, but I can't activate my spike shield for some reason. Pressing Up and S only just changes weapons, I can't activate my inventory anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Other than that great game so far...bit confusing at first but I quickly got used to it. Also the second boss was hype as fuck. Werehog boss music only just made it that much better.

Just go on with the game, it actually makes sense after you beat that section, theres nothing wrong.

• Like 1

Damn. Missed my chance to give lhancat a monkey's paw.

So I was screwing around near the sky elevator in the present, and I can assure everybody there are no chaos emeralds hiding inside the tiles at the top of the map.

Here's a fun wallclimbing trick for anyone feeling adventurous...I somehow feel this was intentional.

If not intentional, totally known about. Damn. It's like the person who designed this game was like, I'll bet somebody will get here, so I'll just throw a bunch of silver rings here. Now that's rewarding exploration =D

I've noticed some shops have a static monitor as a placeholder. Is there any amount of silver rings that unlocks that? Does it become an S-box after getting all the emerdoods? 

I'm not sure if this is intentional: You can charge up the jet shoes while on a spring. If you hit the spring again without releasing the charge, the shoes stay charged. So the next time you press X and a direction, you go at full power.

Seems to be true for other charged moves. Easy way to charge is open up inventory. Also found a floating platform in black base.

Edited by lone8643
  • Like 1

I hated the carnival level. Partially because it was resource-heavy and partially because I hate carnival levels. #scarred4life

sky empire? if you mean sky elevator bottom - it'll be blue base from the left/past or wild wave west (level w/ lots of water and a tube, where magnetic mine lets out) from the left/future. If you mean from sky speedway, you must be in the past, then just go to the right (on the upper floor)

Edited by lone8643

The area after the Grandpé boss doesn't load in my netbook. The music starts playing, but the screen remains white and everything freezes. What in this area could be so needy??

Also, congrats on the carnival level, Lake. It was plenty fun.

well, it seems like your PC insn't loading the level.

this glitch is part of the trade i had to do to get a better framerate, still, if you can't play the game in another pc to get past that point, there is a save file somewhere in this thread that should help you get past that section.

So I was emerald hunting and got 5/7 emerdoods, but suddenly my xp bar for plain sonic is at zero?

And I think I see where the 2nd emerowd is supposed to be in west city, but I break the bumpers and nothing's there... also zombie sonic glitch discovered, if it hasn't already been found....Open up help menu while in a transition. When you get to next screen the text box opens up with "whe" and you can exit it, but open it again and you can't move (OR DIE). Only reporting all these bugs cuz I think they're amusing + idk maybe it's helpful for a later fix. I feel like most of these are because I go out of my way to break the game...but some of the emeralds seem to require a bit of ingenuity..hence out of wayness...just musings.

tempted to just hax the save...

I think I'm gonna write a walkthrough for the game later...with a better >.> map and stuff...I can do that right?

Edited by lone8643
  • Like 1

So I was emerald hunting and got 5/7 emerdoods, but suddenly my xp bar for plain sonic is at zero?

And I think I see where the 2nd emerowd is supposed to be in west city, but I break the bumpers and nothing's there... also zombie sonic glitch discovered, if it hasn't already been found....Open up help menu while in a transition. When you get to next screen the text box opens up with "whe" and you can exit it, but open it again and you can't move (OR DIE). Only reporting all these bugs cuz I think they're amusing + idk maybe it's helpful for a later fix. I feel like most of these are because I go out of my way to break the game...but some of the emeralds seem to require a bit of ingenuity..hence out of wayness...just musings.

I think I'm gonna write a walkthrough for the game later...with a better >.> map and stuff...I can do that right?

I had the XP bar glitch on the 5th emerald too. It isn't broken though. It fixed itself when I got the 6th.

The West City one was the first one I got and I got it by accident on my first visit there, after Eggman tries to catch EGGATS with that net. So basically, I didn't need any of the power up things to get it.

(I just jumped off the right side of the tower and happened to get it... I forget if it was on the top of a building or what...)

• Like 1

I swear I must suck at this game. >_> I require assistance again:

I'm at Old Castle Zone and Rodolia says that's where the Badniks have gone and something must be there. But there's nothing there in either the Past or Present. I've to Angel Terminal but after getting the boxing gloves I got lost and gave up...are the badniks there or somewhere else?

Edited by Lhancat

I was stuck there for a long time.

Go to old castle, take the void to the past, go down to the left to find some rocks. boost to win...there's a secret entrance to a level in there. in the present the path is all broken apart and inaccessible. As for the badniks, there's one hanging out at the top of angel terminal. It requires some skill to get up there, and I'd recommend a spike shield or invincibility frame abuse+boost to make it. That badnik isn't important to the main plot...

If you're having trouble getting to old castle, you can go from wild wave north 2, upright thru the sword barrier, thru foliage falls? up to the castle. i'm still trying to memorize the map....good luck

Yeees please do so. I still can't find sky empire or whatever. Also.. THERES DEBUG MODE?

"one on the opposite side of the map in the South East (also forgot the name of that...)" what do you mean by that? That's the last one I have to get. SE would point to wild wave east...but i don't see anything fishy yet.

Where's that DAMN 7th Chaos Emerald?

Edited by lone8643