A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Want Your Fangame Advertised?

Mykle

Hey guys,

This is Mykle Hunter, haven't been here for awhile! You may know me as "Slamman" back in the day, or by now as, the runner of 'SonicsChannel' on YouTube.

Ran this idea by Rael and he agreed that this would be a good idea, as it would help the community out.

First of all I'd like to state that I have a pretty good following on my Sonic based channel on YouTube and has become one of the most well-known actually. It's basically a Sonic channel for Reviews, Gameplay and News. It currently has over 14,800 subscribers to still growing daily. The video view on average range between 1,000 and 15,000 views. (sometimes more depending on what it is) I'm currently trying to expand the content and get more of the Fan Game community involved, and basically feature all of your hard work!

If you have a trailer or gameplay of a project that you want featured on 'SonicsChannel', send me a message either through here, YouTube or my e-mail address ([email protected]), with a brief description of your project, along with a gameplay example.

After I've checked out your project and approved it, just let me know what kind of information you'd like in the description, what type of links you may wanna provide so people will follow your project and everything like that.

If you don't have a trailer for your game project and would like one made to feature on the channel, we can still discuss that as well and work something out.

So basically, if you want your game featured on the channel in any type of way, run it by me and I can help it it out there ;)

The channel projects will be featured on:

http://www.youtube.com/SonicsChannel

This will work if you stay SELECTIVE on the fangames you choose to feature.

Oh don't worry, I plan to. I actually would have just put up a video on YouTube letting people know about this but there's no telling what kind of submissions I'd get. Especially with it being full of kids (AKA crazy Sonic fanbase) and all. Which why I chose SFGHQ since it really narrows the submissions down to mostly quality games. Throughout the years I've browsed the forum, I've seen a lot of great stuff here!

• Like 1

Just a quick update, I'll only accept the gameplay/trailer video if you also provide a full game, demo, or just have a pretty good reputation of finishing what you start. Don't want to put trailers up getting everyone's hopes up just for it to end up canned without any type of playable version of the game at all. If you have an official release date announcement but no demo available and are 100% sure you're going to follow through on that particular release date, that's fine too. If you don't follow up on it, then it would be on you

I also encourage trailer for projects planned to release for SAGE too, but we'll cross that bridge once we're closer to SAGE