A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft Multiplayer - Anyone interested?

ila

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You may need to relaunch once again, DW. Just as I'm about to begin work on the next floor of the tower...

By the way, where has everyone else been on the server? :(

Sorry, had a power outage today. I'll put it back up now.

As for me, I've been doing other things. I haven't been as interested lately, though I might get back into it when a Tekkit update finally happens.

Sorry, had a power outage today. I'll put it back up now.

As for me, I've been doing other things. I haven't been as interested lately, though I might get back into it when a Tekkit update finally happens.

A new update has appeared in their unstable channel. No idea what changed (HOPEFULLY an updated ComputerCraft)

Also: did the power outage cause your IP to change? That happens with me a lot.

I'm not sure.

207.98.203.74 is my current IP address for the household. If it differs from yours, change it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I know what happened. I had to forward ports for the server to work and it turns out the box is set to acquire its IP address through DHCP, so all my local addresses got swapped around... the ones I didn't set statically anyway.

I'll fix it later so that doesn't happen again.

EDIT: Ok, everything should be fixed now and I went ahead and statically configured the ip address on that box. Please let me know that it's working asap.

Techokami and I figured it out when some of his shit got jacked the other day. World Anchors apparently keep chunks from autosaving, so unless I manually shut down the server periodically, anything kept loaded with a world anchor will get rolled back to the last time the server was shut down. Since I haven't been shutting down the server as much as I used to, oi. When I say shut down by the way, I mean the server gets stopped through the 'server stop' command.

Yes, it sucks, no, I don't have a good answer for solving it. You could always take down your world anchors, log out, then log back in when you want an area to save I guess.

Welp, this makes little sense. How far is the range on those anchors? I thought it was a 3x3 chunk area? Seems an awfully large area was impacted... unless this applies to dimensional anchors too?

Without counting the stuff that miraculously reappeared (which would likely be most of it given where I had everything stored prior to the goof)

4x MFSUs

4x Electrolyzers (+ 4 stacks water cells)

1x Teleporter

512x Diamond Chests

128x Energy Condensers

576x Accelerators

164x bits of Magtube

40x Energy Collector MkIIIs

1x Diamond chest full of misc. Railcraft bits.

1x Diamond Chest full of misc. IndustrualCraft bits (inc. MFSUs, spare mass fabricator)

4x diamond chests full of misc goodies (Buildcraft machines, pipes, tubes, RP2 bits etc)

Misc. damage: Stone covers, stone blocks, glass fiber wire, red allow wire, etc etc.

Materially it's not so bad since, y'know, EE is so fucking cheat-tastic that it's effectively infinite everything. It's the time that can't be replaced :(

=Smidge=

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just an update, but the server uses Tekkit Lite now, which is basically Tekkit with a bunch of new/upgraded mods running on Minecraft 1.4. Make sure you switch to Tekkit Lite if you feel compelled to hop on at any point in the future.

Also Mystcraft is pretty nifty.

EDIT: Oh, and also the world is reset. The old world is still stored, but it won't be running and unless someone specifically requests it I don't see any need to make it available for download

• 2 weeks later...

New world got broken somehow. Lost the whole thing and it's completely unrecoverable. I went ahead and started a new one, but stuff is generally lost, but anything in your inventory or in your ender chest space will be preserved.

I don't think anyone had played long enough yet to have anything important, but I can replace stuff anyway, so ehhhh.